What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lightning Request of Wallpaper

masuary

Dear Guru's!

I would like to make a request to finish my background by adding the following details:

• Lamp above the Picture Frame.
  • Small lamps on the left and right of the golden plate.
  • Lights with shadows to make this wallpaper look realistic.

Additional:

• Background may be replaced by choose if you think it may look better that way.
  • I'd rather not but if you think the frame looks odd, and have something better in mind... Tell me!.

I hope this request is clear enough to get an idea of what I would like to see and hope someone could help me with this, for that... Already thanks in advance!

Best Regards,

Kailash

Attachments

• Kailash&Kristy1.psd
    13.2 MB · Views: 4
Hi masuary, thanks for your very polite request. I had some time before I needed to do errands today, though I went over a little! But I had fun trying this out. I can't make your ideas work and look realistic as you requested - if I understood. So I tried this for you. Let me know what you think. This is radically smaller but the psd is not shrunk as I did this jpeg. If you like it, I';ll load the psd for you. And since it is bigger, if it's too big we'll do a sharing site.

I hope you like it. I think it works pretty well. :mrgreen:

Kailash&Kristy1.jpg

Oh, one more thing I'd like to do is add an outline in the color of the frame. If you decide you want this let me know and I'll make that addition.

I like this idea very much.

But something doesn't feel right with the bottom part ( the gray part ).. it somehow feel out of place, but that is what my feeling says.
The border is not really necessary, though it was nice to see what it would look like.

If anyone has idea's for ibclare's to work with, I would appreciate it allot, because this idea is lovely :)

Well, how about asking ibclare? LOL.

How about a wooden surface like a tabletop and a slight distance from the wall, indicated by a shadow behind the table? If you like that idea, would you want it a certain color of wood. I'll admit I thought of doing that, but a solid color was easier and I didn't really have the time to search for the right surface.

Let me know.

I meant you to, I was just asking for advice in general for you to work with too :D

for the table... I would like to see a small table than, for the lamp above the painting I was trying to find something similar to this ( just an idea )

TS_ILL008.ext_thumbnail1.jpgTS_ILL008.ext_thumbnail3.jpg

I did resize the Picture Frame and changed the text on the plate so you can copy paste them from this PSD or use the new PSD to work with.

Attachments

• Kailash&Kristy1.psd
    12.5 MB · Views: 0
I made a version with a table in it, but I have done all I'm going to do. If someone wishes to work on it and use the light you provided -- and let me suggest that if you make such a request again that you provide the images you would like used or accept the artist's choice; free request with no specific guidelines as to images employed, right? -- and you like some of the other work I've done, they can have my psd. Remember, you did say, you liked the frame so I chose a lamp that would complement it, not look like it's from another era. Just my interpretation though.

Glad you like my general idea. Please be sure you explain the concepts in your head!

Here's with a table top.

Kailash&Kristy1.jpg

That looks great!

I would really like to use this!

And explaining stuff... I suck at it, and try the best I can doing it.
I will find pictures next time before posting requests to give the Guru's an idea of what I'm looking for.

thanks for your time you've put into this!

You're welcome. You may find others who would like to work with it as well. In the meantime, you can make some changes to it yourself. Enjoy :mrgreen:

Actually, one thing I would do to it is bring down the opacity of the shadow levels, the ones labeled shadow. They should be set to about 25%, not in the 60s. They'll blend better.

Back