What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Could anyone please help me?

dberna

Hello everyone, I'm wondering if someone is willing to help me achieve this skin "ripping" edit on a picture of me.. possibly for free In other words, I would like to achieve a very similar if not same edit on another picture.If someone could rip my skin and leave a black layer under it, I would be so very grateful! I'll upload my picture if someone is willing to try! It would also help if someone would guide me in doing this if no one feels like doing this :)I think it was done with the liquify tool, but I don't really know how to use it wellMany many thanks for any feedback or help! :cheesygrin::thumbsup: asdf.jpg

Last edited:

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Moved here....

Please bear in mind that we prefer to guide users on how to do image edits in Photoshop. Tho someone might take this as a challenge and assist you in doing this.

dberna

Ok, thanks! If anyone is willing to guide me, that would be very useful as well!

MikeMc

McGuru
I love this style...And my dragon tattoo proves that. But how to PS this? I wish I knew and have not found any tuts...

I don't think your being ignored, just a toughie!

Looking around the web I found a spidey rip
This can be done if you can draw with the pen tool and can use a brush to shade grey.
By starting with your image you need to draw the "hole"then cut , fill, and shade. The filler would be under the "hole"

Best-Horrifically-Cool-3D-Tattoos-5.jpg

Last edited:

iDad

Guru
Lots of layers, puppet tool, warp tool will do it.

smidders

Here's the best i could do with the pictures I had. I made two, the first one I used the ripping from the first picture you uploaded and the second one was from the website i linked before. but since they where different sizes and angles to your photo it lost some of the quality while i was editing.
skinrip.jpg
skinrip2.jpg

I could do a much better job if you took a picture of yourself ripping a shirt similar to this
sp-05.jpg
but with the same angle, lighting and camera settings as the photo you want edited.

Paul

Former Member
Two layers one on a masked layer, blend to suit your skin the alter shirt colour, or if you want that portion black drop sliders all the way down.

layers-and-mask.jpg

dberna

Thank you smidders! I really appreciate it!
Tomorrow or Tuesday I will try take the picture.
Did it take you a long time to edit this?

ThyagoHills

I would you a little bit of digital painting on it.
But, if you want to achieve realist there's no other, you have to "draw" the lines/selections and fill them with the "texture" of the skin, later you'll have to make the shadows and highlights of the image (shadding). This is not a newbie job.

smidders

heres what i've got so far with the new pictures. I still have to fix some of the edges and maybe darken a few creases. The shirt underneath is masked in so it can be changed with anything.
ssssssssss.jpg

dberna

Wow! this is amazing! :D Thank you so much! Did you do it with the other picture too?

Last edited: