What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tweening not working?

daponeki

Hi! So I really need help with the tween button in my cs6. It was working fine up until today , for some reason when I opened my photoshop and tweened my gif it didn't tween like it normally did. After apply the tween effect when I save my gif it ends up being choppy and unnatural. It looks like this:
SHIT.gif

so I tried maybe changing some settings on the save for web devices pop up, and it looked a tad bit better, but it still flashes white in the transition:
FLASHWHITE.gif

Is this because the frames/layers are transparent or something? How I fix this problem ><

iDad

Guru
It is probably because you have 15 layers of the same image

daponeki

I have the same # of layers as I have of my frames. I made this gif using a video I imported but for some reason the frame/layers seem to be transparent during the transition ? ><

iDad

Guru
Do you have the PSD file that you did this with it looks like number 34 /35/36 are transparent unless they are in a different layer mode

daponeki

Ah I don't have the psd file for this, but I can try making it again. How do I change the transparency if those layers are transparent?

iDad

Guru
That all depends but if you take those three or four images and put a background/ merge them one by one to them, that might work.

iDad

Guru
You can also tweak the brightness and contrast in each of those transparent or hazy images

iDad

Guru
FLASHWHITE_i.gifHere's two minutes of checking

daponeki

Ah okay! How do I keep the tween fade effect. I'm trying to have the last frame fade into the first?

iDad

Guru
Take each layer then slowly reduce transparency in each one of them if I understand correctly. Your transparency tools will be on top of your layer palette within the PDS file

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
This is assuming you want a transparent background layer.... I added a white one in my sample.

Using iDad's 32 frame gif, I added two frames.... frame 33 - activate frame 32 & 1 , F32 - opacity 70% / F1 opacity 35% ... duplicate frame (F34) - F32 - opacity 35% / F1 opacity 70% .

OR Use the appropriate layer in the psd file .

Add more frames and adjust the opacities in increments accordingly to suit your taste.

Hope this helps.

FLASHWHITE_v.gif

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Another way is keep frame 1 at 100% and fade frame 32 down in increments of 20 through the added ani frames to start with frame 01 all over again.

This looks better. Like an effect I've seen in Anime films.