What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can an iphone video be transferred to photoshop and then get still pictures printed?

PEJ

I took a short video on my iphone of my sister-in-law's wedding. I want to transfer the video to my CS6 Cloud. Can this be done? Can I transfer it to photoshop or is there another part of the CS6 that would work better for this type of project? I have "streaming" from my iphone to my mac computers and the pictures go into my iphoto library. Can I "stream" the video to photoshop instead and then create "still shots" so I can edit individual photos to put in a wedding album?
I am guessing this is an easy one, but I am stumped! Thanks for any help you can provide.

iDad

Guru
Re: Can an iphone video be transferred to photoshop and then get still pictures print

Use QuickTime to edit your pictures frame by fram. I'm assuming you're on a Mac.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Re: Can an iphone video be transferred to photoshop and then get still pictures print

Yes this is possible.

Connect your iPhone to your mac with the USB cord. Open Image capture. Select the iPhone in the devices area. Set a download destination. Download.

edit: Open the downloaded file into Photoshop and watch this tutorial that tells you how to convert the video frames into individual .jpgs.

Last edited:

iDad

Guru

Ah yes Sam that'll do it. I thought they just wanted to grab a frame or two from movie then edit but ps will import also..... My bad

PEJ

WOW! Thank you so much! I will give it a try. Thank you for the link to the tutorial too! You guys are amazing!!!