What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[please] Critisize me as a logo designer.

praveenshkgp

Hi guys I don't why I never one any contest on 99designs[dot]com or why no one hired me on freelance, from my eyes I am a good logo designer. Now I feel that I am not good, so please guys criticize my work, so I can be good, cause I cant see my own faults. Please guys any comments I will really appreciate it.:rolleyes:
premierproperty2.jpg
themostcrazy3.jpg premierproperty5.jpg lwl.jpg
marketready2.jpg bestblackhatforum.jpgmyern.jpg
these are not all, but just some. People never seems to like my logo. I hope you guys tell me whats wrong with me. Are they not even worth 5$. I wish I could make some money from them, it will really help me in my career as a graphic designer and as A internet marketer. I am low on budget and low on confidence;)

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hi and welcome. There are a few others here much more qualified than I to critique your work, Inkz being one of them. I can tell you that logo design is a constantly changing area that requires you to stay up to date with current designs. My observation is that your designs are not current and a bit on the entry level side. Your choice in colors and fonts are not the best.

How long have you been using Ps or AI?

edit: When I say current designs, I don't mean to copy or emulate them, as a logo designer, you should create a unique identity for your client and avoid looking like others. Maybe I should just say, stay modern.

Last edited:

SPWA

Power User
Everyone has to start somewhere. If you check some of the other designers, most are only winning 1 in 40, if that. There are some that have better results, but they most likely have more experience. Don't lose confidence.

My tips would be the following.

1.) Try to sketch more. Although you are creating digital art, a good design starts on paper with a pencil & eraser. Once you're happy, scan it in & trace it.

2.) Unused space. The Premiere Properties logo has a huge circle with a line of text across the centre. 80% of that design is not used or needed.

3.) Fonts. They need to gel with the design overall, and if possible, fit the desired business it's for. Tied in with tip No.1, you could even sketch your own typeface.

4.) If it looks too busy, it probably is. Don't use a Gradient or any other fx just cos you can.

5.) My last one is Inspiration. I have a folder on my desktop called just that, with almost 3gb of images. Some are logo's, objects, coffee beans, medals, graffiti. Anything I see that I like, I save. I don't use this for copying, but more for reference if I'm looking for a particular style etc.

Hope that helps a little bit.

Last edited:

Inkz

Guru
Welcome...

I don't think anything is wrong with you lol. Just put it down to inexperience. Doing logo contests isn't easy. Your up against some of the best in the world. I joined some logo contest sites, not to expect to win, but to improve my skills.

Out of all the logo concepts you posted here, the black and white Premiere Property is the most eye catching design there. Normally, simplicity is key with logo designs.

Colours are important as is font choice.

ibclare

Queen Bee
Agreed. With all the above.

I would also like the "market ready" if the shield were not used. Veers out of the design. You might consider a circle for the checkmark, maybe making it a bit larger than the tag punch. Also there is too much space between the two words. When you have text inside a box, I think it's important to keep the space around and between words the same. Unless you are going for asymmetry.

Here are two examples to demonstrate what I'm saying above:

MktReady.jpg
MktReady2.jpg

Otherwise, practice and get critiques. We all need this. No, you aren't quite ready to get big paying clients or regular business, but that doesn't mean you can't have an audience and get some work. Look at other logos -- a lot -- and see what makes them pop. Don't be afraid to redesign what isn't working. You have to be ruthless!

Keep up the good work and keep posting here.

praveenshkgp

Really thanks you guys. I feel sometimes there is no to make me feel what I am doing wrong, but now I understand thanks you guys. I really appreciate it. Now to doing contest :)