What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop these to brighten my hair?

xXShadow-BlizzardXx

hi so i recently got my hair dyed... and a friend from out of state wants to see it (it's burgundy0 ...but my house has very bad lighting and i only have a saturation tool on my flip phone and it makes my face orange (even though my hair gets brighter o_O ) so ya can someone photoshop these photos to make my hair actually look burgundy? in the pictures it looks very dark burgundy... but in reality it is super bright :D thanks ;) (ps. i dun want my face to look orange and for my hair to look "natural" :cool2: )

IMG_20130926_173354.jpgIMG_20130926_173412.jpgIMG_20130926_173705.jpg

Paul

Former Member
My super awesome photoshop skills are failing me today, besides i don't want to be labelled as a frivolous supplier of junk:mrgreen:

hi so i recently got my hair dyed... and a friend from out of state wants to see it (it's burgundy0 ...but my house has very bad lighting and i only have a saturation tool on my flip phone and it makes my face orange (even though my hair gets brighter o_O ) so ya can someone photoshop these photos to make my hair actually look burgundy? in the pictures it looks very dark burgundy... but in reality it is super bright :D thanks ;) (ps. i dun want my face to look orange and for my hair to look "natural" :cool2: )

View attachment 37276View attachment 37277View attachment 37278

Your posted pictures are of very poor quality, and you look distorted on them. Please do not send them to your friend, just a color sample of dark burgundy would be good enough.
dark burgundy.jpg

Tom Mann

Guru
If you want your friend to see anything approaching your real skin and hair color, go outside on a day with high clouds (to soften the light from the sun), and take some more photos. This will produce vastly better results than trying to adjust the pix you posted.

Outside, the light will be brighter and of better color quality, so most cell phone cameras work reasonably well. Inside, with tungsten lights, fluorescent lights, light from the TV, light bouncing off of the walls, and a generally low ambient level of brightness, cell phone cameras rarely produce color accurate pix.

Tom

Tom Mann

Guru
And, if, for some reason, you don't want to simply go outside and take some better pix with your phone camera, and insist on using one of the pix you posted, here's a quick fix (note, the soft look is intentional to hide some of the burnt highlights and other problems with the photos you posted).

T

Attachments

• IMG_20130926_173412-tjm01-acr-ps04a_698px_hi_sRGB-01.jpg
    IMG_20130926_173412-tjm01-acr-ps04a_698px_hi_sRGB-01.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
She's Scottish iPop, I recognize the accent!

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Just for practice.............I'm not very good with these yet.

BurgandyHair_01.png

Inkz

Guru
Very nice Sam..

That's all the images done. Hope she comes back to see them.