What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Automation - Create thumbnails with filename on sheet

Arthur Nazarian

To make things easier to understand, I'll explain what I do: our sports' photography department makes photos of several sports teams, we print the photos, we put them in a basic two-sheeted album, and then send the photos to the team. As we print all the photos together, they are on a big pile and it's very difficult to sort them with the correct team name. So we take the printed photo, and compare it to all the team photos on the computer, which have the team name in the file name. So this is a very inefficient and slow process.

Unless somebody has a better suggestion, which would be great, I was thinking of printing the photos as thumbnails on a sheet, and THEN compare them to the printed sports' photos. It's a lot easier to have a piece of paper with e.g. 10 photos to compare to than browse them on a computer.

So, again, I hope there's a way to let Photoshop put 10 thumbnails on a single sheet, and put the filename below it. All automatically (with an action?) of course. Any suggestions? :)

Tom Mann

Guru
Even better, make the team name part of the directory / folder name. There are several other programs that will also print the directory name, the full path, any of several dates, photographer info, or many other things like that on each sheet. This would save you from having to do a manual compare.

T