What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can someone help me to photoshop a photo like this?

caliber

Hey guys, so I really like this photo and how it has been retouched. I have a photo of my own taken in nearly the same light and am wondering if anyone knows of either a tutorial of how to make it look like this or if someone would be so nice as to do it for me? Message me to get the photo of myself, I'd rather not post it where anyone can take it.. Thanks guys,
photo.JPG

Paul

Former Member
How do you know it as been shopped?

caliber

It was on my facebook, and had the caption "new photoshop." If it wasn't, how do you think i could mimic it? is it just the lighting?

Paul

Former Member
Show me the one with the caption on it?

iDad

Guru
a simple detail enhancement or subtle HD fiter would get you close

Tom Mann

Guru
As you obviously realize, the lighting is critically important to portraits. In the photo you posted as an example, I suspect 95% of what we are seeing is due to the lighting, not the post processing.

OP: "I have a photo of my own taken in nearly the same light"

So, exactly what was your lighting set up?

With respect to privacy, it would help us greatly in analyzing your photo and the lighting if you could release some of your photo to us. I suggest that you block out some of the major features of your face so as to protect your privacy, but leave one eye and enough edges around the head visible (including the entire neck) so that we can infer the light sources used, their strength, size, degree of colimation, etc.

T