What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How To - Turning This into These

Ricoh

Hi guys.
Im looking to replicate these two effects on images and any help would be greatly appreciated.

parallax-3.jpg

parallax-1.jpg

From what I can see at this small size, your examples are professionally done images.

Before you delve into effects added in post processing, have you considered that to truly reproduce these "looks", you have to reproduce the excellent, highly stylized lighting used in taking the photos? This is a very important part of these images and is particularly visible in the 1st set. Also, things like props, a suitable set, model, posing are all other key factors that contribute in fundamental ways to these images.

Throwing some post-processing effect at an image is always very tempting because it takes so little effort (compared to the previously mentioned aspects of image preparation), but after you have seen tens of thousands of low quality images that people, in an endless stream, have attempted to "dress up" or even "fix" by PP efx, you realize that PP efx are ultimately not what makes or breaks an image in the eye of any but the most unsophisticated viewers.

That being said, later, when I have more time, I'll try to hunt down some tutorials for you to produce these two PP effects. There's a lot of relevant tutorials out there, but they are not easy to find among the thousands of unrelated tutorials also on color efx.

Tom

PPS - Your second post-processing example is easy to do. Desaturate the base image and apply a suitable "curves" adjustment layer. Little more is needed to get very close to this look. If you need more details, when I have more time, I'll be glad to help out.

T

Thank You All Guys for your help and insights.
I'm on a tight deadline and I'll reply back here ASAP.

Don't think that I'm an ungrateful newbie that signed up and abandon the forum without a thank you.

:mrgreen:

Niceday, if you are a real person and not a troll or a 'bot, Chris went to great lengths to explain the methods he suggested. If you can't follow them from his description, a video isn't going to help you.

In fact, because Chris's methods are so simple and clear, I felt no need to describe any alternatives myself or continue to participate technically in this thread.

Instead, if YOU want to continue to participate, show us some of your own attempts, otherwise I will consider you to be trolling and interfering by asking people to do work for you which u have no intention to use, and your posts will be scrutinized carefully for possible deletion.

T

Last edited:

Back