What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any Ideas for shirt design about E-waste Trip!

mattmorz

Hi! It's been a while since I posted here, too busy with thesis. :D
Anyway, I need some idea about the said subject.

It is about our E-waste Field :question:Trip...I'll be posting my sample here.

Surely with it being you that went on a field :question: trip (not sure what the question mark there was for), you will have the best idea on the said subject, or what was the point of the field :question: trip.

It may have been easier to post a sample, along with a more elaborate explanation of what you want, as what you have put is very vague. Also, not everybody knows what E-waste is.

mattmorz

I'll be creating today, actually we are going to teach rural areas about recycling Electronic Waste. Basically, that's the reason for the trip. :D

Thanks! :D

Here's what I came up with. any suggestions...
ewaste.PNG

Last edited:

ibclare

Queen Bee
I like it basically. The concept is cool. Are you aware the outlet/truck cab looks like a face in profile? Or maybe that's just me. I tend to anthropomorphize. Personally, I would diminish the detail of the bumper and just give it a solid shape.

I like the leaf but I think it should be larger to put it in balance. It tends to get a little lost IMO.

Here is to demo what I mean. I'm not sure if the leaf cutout on the outlet/cab really works or is just distracting though.

ewaste.jpg

Last edited:

ibclare

Queen Bee
I have to admit I like the detail on the bumper because of the face association I make. I think your version Chad, without the cutout between the leaf and the cab, is better. I do still feel the leaf should be bigger . .

Paul

Former Member
I don't really like the font, but the green leaf idea is a good distraction.

the only thing I don't like now is the font on waste. The stem of the leaf follows the line of a wheel, and the negative space between the cab and trailer is the E (I LOVE NEGATIVE SPACE), then to top it off, the next object after the space is a plug! Genius!

I think it may be too long over all ever so slightly, maybe think more in keep with a 18 Tonne Truck.

I'm sorry but I just can't help being the 'Grammar Police'. Having a face doesn't necessarily make it human, as most animals have one.

The only thing I don't like now is the font on waste. The stem of the leaf follows the line of a wheel, and the negative space between the cab and trailer is the E (I LOVE NEGATIVE SPACE), then to top it off, the next object after the space is a plug! Genius!

I think it may be too long over all ever so slightly, maybe think more in keep with a 18 Tonne Truck.

I'm sorry but I just can't help being the 'Grammar Police'. Having a face doesn't necessarily make it human, as most animals have one. I'm probably the only dyslexic person who is into sesquipedalianism and is anal about grammar, although my auto spell-check works overtime.

mattmorz

Thanks for the response guys and gals! Actually, I'm having trouble finding the font that will really fit and that will maybe serves as the wire of the plug. And,for the leaf, the size matters 'coz it represents as the wheel of the truck. I'll make adjustments!

Thanks again!

ibclare

Queen Bee
Ah, I would never have guessed on the wheel thing matt. My suggestion there is to reshape the leaf a bit to the round, or let some of the cab grey wheel shape show around the leaf, just to tie it together. One solution to this might be to curve the leaf, lower it and move it back. Just envision where the wheel would be and be certain that area is covered by the leaf. IMHO.

As for the font . . .

ideas anyone?