What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trying to make a tattoo design

chickenlittle68w

Hey guys, I am trying to get a first tattoo design set up before I deploy, but im not so good with photoshop anymore. (its been like 5 years since i took a highschool digital design class) So i was wondering if one of you guys could help me out. I want it to be a picture of a monkey wearing an aid bag and ACH, holding an m-4. And if it could look kind of cartoony/ gritty, that would be great. (kinda like the gorrillaz music videos)bilde.jpg
These are the new army aidbags. if you could use the thicker backpack one, that would be great. Any contributions would be great as soon as possible! (a little bit of a time crunch, i deploy in a couple months.)
Thanks so much!

besmirched

Power User
There you go brah, thats the best I can do with my skills and a mouse. Make sure you go to a reputable tattooist. Stay safe.
monkey.png

Not sure why people ask for tattoo designs on here. The tattooist should easily be able to design tattoo, as that is why they are called tattoo artists. Are tattooists trying to crack into the digital design industry or something, leaving a massive gap in the tattoo design market?

How is a Automated Clearing House worn?

Crotale

Power User
Not sure why people ask for tattoo designs on here. The tattooist should easily be able to design tattoo, as that is why they are called tattoo artists. Are tattooists trying to crack into the digital design industry or something, leaving a massive gap in the tattoo design market?

You'd be surprised at the number of tattoo artists who use templates. Not only does it save time, they are also less likely to make a grave mistake on the recipient's skin.

How is a Automated Clearing House worn?

Very carefully.

We are not on about using transfer paper to put the tattoo on the skin before inking it properly. If the tattoo artist cannot create his own art, you should look for a different artist.

raygau

I know a lot of tattoo artists, and have had discussions about artwork. They do use a lot of templates and clip art from flash to make one image. To be honest it may be a better idea to talk to & pay one of the artists at the parlor. You'll probably have to pay for it (my buddies charge others up to $40 for work except for full back).

Not only are you helping a fellow artist, you can get the artist to tweak it as needed. Some less than friendly ones won't have a rapport with you, so if you bring in ugly work he won't offer to clean it up first.

tl; dr Always best to support an artist there. They'll be more eager to help.

MikeMc

McGuru
What it comes down to is WHAT YOUR TATTOOIST WANTS.... You can demand all sorts of stuff, if the person is an artist, it may be close to what you want. Most tattooists use "flash" look on the walls of your local parlor. Most of mine was done by using flash, modified by my artist, and hand drawn parts...Koi, Lotus Blossoms, Bar Clouds.

I know my artist well, and she does wonders that last, BUT I always get her input on what she can do (BEST) so I get great ink.

Most parlors have specialties..Japanese, Traditional, Sailor, Portrait etc...ask around

Nobody said anything about demanding anything, but a tattoo artist should be able to design a tattoo, and they should be the ones that design the best tattoos, as they know the extent at which they can blend colours and such, opposed to a Photoshoper.

What it boils down to is whether they are willing to pay for what they want.

Why would anybody need telling that they would be able to see tattoo designs on paper at a parlour? I'm not sure what you mean by "flash" look, as any tattoo design on paper is flash, so too diverse to be a particular look.

The reel issue here is why should any of us design a tattoo for free, only to have the tattooist be able to resell it as his own. Then there is this person. Why would anybody think that the best way to design a tattoo is with Photoshop? Plus if they did a design lesson at all, they would have been told to sketch their idea first, but they have not even bothered to do that, for something that I would consider to be quite an important thing to get right.

Paul

Former Member
I say it every time someone comes here asking for tattoo related images, go ask a pro in the field of tattoo art.
All any of us can do is give you ideas NOT actual workable tattoos, skin/alignment/muscle definition all play a role in placement and image design.