What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

erase to reveal?

DaveD

Is there any way to make it so that I can erase the area to the right of the arrow while keeping what is behind that area untouched?
Such as the gray area never existed and all that is there is the complete face/photo and the orange-color strip

Untitled-1.jpg

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Dave, are these on separate layers? (I have to ask!)

ibclare

Queen Bee
May I ask why you want to do this? Is it a personal photo, a friend? Or are you just asking about this issue in general? Because my observation is that this is a very compressed and nasty jpeg and not worth the effort. Unless, of course, like Sam did, you just add something over it, lol. Wicked sense of humor, Sam.

DaveD

That picture was actually a quick screen capture from a news broadcast.
I found a way to get my result was to get another photo of the same reporter and take just the face area.

Putting the cropped face on a blank background and the photo from above on top of the cropped face allows me to erase the area leaving the head from the bottom picture visible in the same spot as the erased area.