What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Replicate this texture?

CCLWorks

Hi there!

I want to replicate a texture in PS. I can't post links, but it can be found by going to Society6 dot com, and searching for "cryyp" it'll be the only result.
Hope you guys can help me out, thanks in advance! :)

//Christian

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
This image is something that could have been created in the old school way - entirely by hand with a lot of patience.

Do you use photoshop? We might be able to figure out how it can be done digitally but the final, full end result is entirely up to you.

One more thing... It's not cricket to replicate the image in its entirety due to copyright.

CCLWorks

Yes i use photoshop! :)

I don't want to replicate the image, just to get a surface texture that's similar. To kind of break up a pattern or a color, and make it more interesting to look at - I want to use it for something completely different ;)

It could be something like this too (that paperish texture)

3251210_4663707_lz.jpg

Thanks for a fast reply! :)

CCLWorks

i'm looking to get that variation in the color opacity (or what ever to call it) too, if that's possible :)

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The variation of color is from various blend modes and opacity settings on the mountain layers. It's a matter of experimenting.

Use gradients instead of solid color fills for the mountain layers.

The back ground could be hand made in Ps, or just an old antique paper or parchment texture you can download.

There can also be some Dodge & Burn, noise filter, blur filter, etc., in there as well.

It's not exact, but you can get close using some of the techniques above.
CCLWorksPaperTexture_01.png