What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Guy with Request

Jack Sanderson Sr

Hi,
I have scanned a picture of me and my brothers back in the early 70's (no laughing). My mom has been wanting a larger print for years. I've tried, without any luck to get the photo looking good enough for Walgreens or whoever to make the prints.

As you can see, the picture has that "old" texture on the front of it...and there's the problem of the faded spots on the right.

I was wondering if anyone could help me out and photoshop this picture to where the white spots are gone as well as make the front texture smooth - maybe looking like a glossy print. Although, anything better than the way it looks now would be greatly appreciated.

Also, what's your opinion on how big I can go for prints? 4x6 or 5x7 would be awesome.

The original dimension of the photo seem to be 3 1/4"L x 2 1/4"H.

Thanks to anyone that can help.

Scan_20140219.gif

Keebs

There is no doubt you will lose clarity on this picture, I would say the best way you can get a semi decent result would be to smudge the living hell out of it and produce a more (painty) style.

Here is a version for ideas, perhaps someone can improve on.

portrait_1.jpg

Jack Sanderson Sr

Hey Keebs & chrisdesign...I appreciate your time.

Keebs..sorry man, my Mom likes chrisdesign's a little better. Thank you for your effort though.

chrisdesign, that looks really good. Since it's watermarked, I take it you would like something. :mrgreen: .. Just let me know.