What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How much percentage % to give?

Felder

Lets say I make an animated banner (logo) that consists of a raster (provided) and custom made vector image (from the raster) and then animated in flash. How much should it cost and how much should I give the person for contributing in recommending me to the customer?

How much hr is spend would be the 8hr-ish... vectorizing took half of the time...

Thank you my good sirs and madams.

//side info, im student

Last edited by a moderator:

Tom Mann

Guru
Probably, the reason you haven't received any answers to your question is that it's extremely difficult to answer. This is because so many factors are involved. We have student interns who do that sort of work for free, but we also hire freelance pro event photographers, pro web designers and graphic artists at rates of $50/hr or even more when we absolutely need to get something done right the first time, and in a limited period of time.

The pros have various overhead costs (eg, insurance, maintaining equipment and an office, etc.) that someone doing the work "for fun", "on the side", or just starting out simply don't have (eg, because they are using a computer that their parents bought them, etc.).

The rate you can get also depends dramatically on supply and demand in your area, a history of successfully completed jobs, your portfolio, whether or not you are willing to do a freebie for someone as a possible means of getting future paying work from them, etc.

If one had to pick a number out of thin air for a student with little previous professional (ie, paid) experience, but who can unambiguously demonstrate that they can clearly do the job, and if the employer isn't a university or non-profit, something like 2-3 times the minimum wage might be a good place to start.

Good luck.

Tom

Felder

Thank you very much Tom, appreciate your thoughts, helps me to be on the right.