What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HI all.. plz help in editing

Tom Mann

Guru
It's real easy: Put a strong light to the side and slightly to the rear of the subject when you are taking the picture. That way, other than adding a bit of of warm coloration, there's little to do in postprocessing.

Tom

Tom Mann

Guru
If, by some chance, you are also concerned about duplicating the softness of this picture, let us know. There are several ways that can be done as well.

T

Tom Mann

Guru
IBC: "Wouldn't you also desaturate slightly Tom? Maybe even add a subtle sepia filter."

Yup. Absolutely. Maybe not even very subtle, LOL.

These days, with my big fire department photo job + my regular "day job", I'm trying to be more parsimonious / terse in my responses than I have been in the past. For example, I said, "...other than adding a bit of of warm coloration...", expecting that if the OP never showed up again, I didn't waste too much time, and if he did/does, then I'll know he's serious and can go into more detail if that's the aspect that he is interested. The first "effect" that jumped out at me was the lighting contrast and so my guess is that he may think that's something easily done in PS, so I addressed that first.

All the best,

T

Sparky95454

A "RIM LIGHT" is usually used when shooting to help define shape and separate the subject from the background...you see it all the time on TV & in movies (look)...especially dark haired subjects against a dark background