What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Multi-color Colored Brush effect

gautamz07

Power User
10374884_676153489104917_44806275964231844_n.jpg Hey guys please do look at this image , can you please give me a clue as to how those colorful brush effects on the top - right corner and botton-left corner can be replicated , i have seen and used also alot of amazing brushes , but this effect seem to be really cool . Thank you . Gautam.

Last edited by a moderator:
Brushes are just that, they only pain in the colour the brush has been dipped in so to speak. However, you could use the quick selection tool and select area's of the brush and colour as you want.
The black one is the plain brush, the coloured one is just a case of selecting the layer and then adding colour either with other brushes or just colouring in areas.

brush.jpg

Medic , Thank you , u explained it really well , i just gotta go try it now .

Thank you so much .

Gautam.

Gautam, here's another similar way to do this type of effect.

You first need some corner brushes that you like and want to use.

Here, I have used two separate brushes to make this design. They are black for the moment. I place each one on it's own layer. Then I turn off the layers.......I do this because I'm only going to use then as templates.
Screen Shot 2014-06-09 at 9.25.47 AM.png

I create a new layer.
I Comnd/Cntrl + click the thumbnail of the first corner template. This makes a selection in the same shape.
Screen Shot 2014-06-09 at 9.26.16 AM.png

I then use my Brush Tool and a soft round brush, to brush in different colors. These colors will remain inside the selection.
Screen Shot 2014-06-09 at 9.26.37 AM.png

I do the same for the other corner template.
On a new layer, use the Brush Tool and a soft round brush, to brush in different colors.
Screen Shot 2014-06-09 at 9.26.52 AM.png

I add the same layer style on both colored design layers to add a drop shadow.
Screen Shot 2014-06-09 at 9.27.10 AM.png

Up until this point, I have kept everthing on separate layers just in case I need to make ANY changes.
Highlight the two COLORED DESIGN LAYERS, Hit Comnd/Contrl + J to duplicate the two layers, then hit Comnd/Contrl + E to merge.
Turn off all other layers and group them if you wish.
The merged layer is now ready to be moved to another document.
I save this document.

When your ready to use the corner design, move it into the new document.

Place the corner design in a corner.
On a separate layer below the design, use your Brush Tool to add some color below the design.
Screen Shot 2014-06-09 at 9.35.45 AM.png

This is not exactly the same as your example, but it gives you a general idea of how it could be done.

@Iam , Wow ! that was a masterpiece :D , I am sure there are a lot of photoshop newbies like me , who can learn a ton from just what you've posted here .

THANK YOU.

@IB :D

@Medic .. Heres an edit i created , not as fancy brushes as Iam , But i was glad i could still create something sooo Coool .

Cover-Image-edit-1.jpg

I really enjoyed doing this .

Thank you guys .

Gautam :D :D

Back