What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Request: Band Logo

tbesirik

Dear PSG members,

I hope I correctly followed the instructions on the FAQ by placing this in the General Photoshop Board, not sure where these requests would typically go to.

We're a rockband based in the Netherlands who are about to finalize their first album. While we find ourselves good in audio, we're a complete embarassment when it comes to visual art. Therefore, we'd like to request (and financially compensate) a quality artists' efforts to help us out with every visual art that comes with the band.

I've browsed over the internet and found no real marketplace where demand (like us) can meet supply (like you), unless you go for standardized solutions. Rather than doing this, we think it's more interesting to have a longer term relationship with a set of artists. Basically, while we'd start off with only the band logo, we'd further require assistance with album art and anything related to social media art or even merchandise.

Obviously we're not asking people to do this for free (although we'd appreciate anyone to help us out or who does it for the sake of challenge). However, neither can we afford a whole army to create logo's for us. Please let us know whether you'd like to work with us, what you'd charge and showcase your portfolio if you have any. Let's limit the request to a band logo for the moment.

As a sneak peek for details: the band name is Dutch Draft, which is a horse type that's as strong as an ox, and cute enough to cuddle, effectively summarizing our music. Most of our songs are about cars and women (yes, cliche, I know), and if the sound can't be produced with our music gear, we won't include it in our songs (paying homage to how rock music was meant to be!).

Thanks for reading, I'm looking forward to your replies!!

Cheers and rock on,

Tansu

PS: Admin, feel free to change my post wherever necessary (and apologies wherever I violated the law)

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hi and welcome to PSG.

PSG is basically a discussion forum. We certainly don't mind requests for free edits, but we prefer to guide and instruct new members on how to accomplish techniques or effects in Photoshop on their own.

For the moment, I suggest leaving the thread as is. There may be members here who would be willing to help you out, but this may take a while so please be patient.

As a freebie, one can only expect so much that could be done. Hiring a qualified PSG member/freelancer, your better assured that time and attention will be put into doing this and you will recieve quality results.

We have freelance pay for service area ... http://www.photoshopgurus.com/forum/...rvice-section/.

Go through our guidelines and price list. http://www.photoshopgurus.com/forum...-posting-freelance-job-please-read-first.html

If later you decide to move the thread or post a new request in the freelance forum, just inform one of the mods online at the time.
Good luck.