What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop & The Future

iDesign

Now most of us here, I can imagine are here to learn and enhance our knowledge on photoshop. Maybe you are a photographer and use photoshop to tweak your photos, or just here for social fun as a hobby.

I'm on PSG today because..?
Graphics design is a hobby of mine, and it has been for a long time. I am here today as I would like to improve on my photoshop skills (self study), and hopefully one day have a career in this sector.

Now its your turn, why are you here today?

I'm here today to read post like yours :rofl: and to improve my PS skills of course!

edit: Apparently a bit to discouraging, which was not my intent.

Last edited:
Using a- scale sing Falalalalaa lalalala...... Mememememe! I'm much better at singing! That proves it! Thanks Sam you demolished PS dreams :banghead:

One would think anyone with 11,361 posts to this forum either likes it a lot or is a really slow learner :rofl:
Using a- scale sing Falalalalaa lalalala...... Mememememe! I'm much better at singing! That proves it! Thanks Sam you demolished PS dreams :banghead:

Interesting question. I joined because I wanted a community to learn from. I keep logging in because I keep learning.

One would think anyone with 11,361 posts to this forum either likes it a lot or is a really slow learner :rofl:

Them's fighting words Larry....LMAO I actually catch on pretty quick, I never know how many posts I have until somebody points it out. Those who takes notice are usually well-versed in Wanabee tactics I am your mentor come on admit it lol

Mentor? You? :rofl:

I know, your old and set in your ways, it's hard to say it, but I know! :mrgreen:

Because it's :cool2: and :lol: and makes me :rofl: and :cry: but above all else its a :popcorn:[highfive]:slap::jawdrop: of a place.

Old fart!...... you know it was not wasted when it lingers on to the point of old.:rofl:

I'm here to share my knowledge and improve my knowledge. PSG is a perfect place where an old fart can profit from young studs.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks:)

Now, seriously, it's quite disappointing that some of the said "young studs" often lack the basic knowledge like resolution, color models, halftoning, etc...

Also it is very funny to see someone pointing at some genius work and asking: Hey, guys, I just got PS! Which button I have to push to get the same results:)

There is only one answer to almost 90 percents of such requests: talent, experience, hard work, lots of time and lots of money, neither of which you probably have...:)

But they still believe there is some "trick", some magic "button" which can replace the imagination, creativity, taste, lots of try and probe work, learning, education, etc...

All kidding aside, completely serious here, i'm here because I love PS, just like everybody that is usually here . Some of you guys make me laugh with three or four words and can take a joke! Occasionally I get lucky and pick up on a tip to improve my skills (that's always a bonus) when I first started I always had questions, they are few and far between now but knowledge always need boosting and what's a better way to boost it than with a fun group of Photoshop enthusiasts!

Also it is very funny to see someone pointing at some genius work and asking: Hey, guys, I just got PS! Which button I have to push to get the same results:)

Truer words were never spoken!!

The thing I love about this place is that usually they get an answer. I often wonder how many of them stare at the instructions or tutorial in stark terror. :eek: Then decide either (1) it's not worth it or (2) we're insane and just don't want to share the magic button.

Ditto!!:cheesygrin:
I'm here to share my knowledge and improve my knowledge. PSG is a perfect place where an old fart can profit from young studs.

Back