What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop Gurus New Look

Hoogle

Guru
need to switch to metro fixed probably. What is your screen resolution and are you zoomed in beyond 100%

admin

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
I pulled up PSG and saw the new skin and it looked wonderful..... until I logged in.

My first view:

Very nice!! But then I logged in:

This does appear to be a browser cache issue. I can see the old header gradient background in your logged in screenshot, that should not be there in the new theme.

Let us know if clearing browser cache solves anything.

You could also try the Metro Fixed theme as Hoogle suggested, although it looks like you have plenty of resolution for the Fluid version.

MrToM

Guru
BIG BIG THANKS!

PSG Dark 2.0 is brilliant! (Or rather it isn't, which is great!) LOL.

That has made it far easier on the eyes, for me at least, nice one.

Very much appreciated. My compliments to the chef.

Regards.
MrTom.

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
What happened to "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" The old guy here has been fumbling around trying to find stuff since this first appeared. I'll get over it though. Progress I guess. Old Low Tech here living in a High Tech world !:banghead:

admin

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
What happened to "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" The old guy here has been fumbling around trying to find stuff since this first appeared. I'll get over it though. Progress I guess. Old Low Tech here living in a High Tech world !:banghead:

Along with the new themes, there was an update to our forum software which has moved some things around a bit and added some new features.

If you need help finding anything in the new layouts don't hesitate to ask.

admin

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
BIG BIG THANKS!

PSG Dark 2.0 is brilliant! (Or rather it isn't, which is great!) LOL.

That has made it far easier on the eyes, for me at least, nice one.

Very much appreciated. My compliments to the chef.

Regards.
MrTom.

Thanks MrTom - we'll be further tweaking the themes as well over the next several weeks, incorporating some of the old mods and such.

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
Oh, no worries. I really do like it. Old people like me just have to have something to complain about. Thanks for fixing up the place..mighty nice :thumbsup:
Along with the new themes, there was an update to our forum software which has moved some things around a bit and added some new features.

If you need help finding anything in the new layouts don't hesitate to ask.

Sierraccr

Power User
This is the weirdest thing.....

I have updated browsers (Chrome, IE and Firefox), I have cleared my cache, I have made sure my resolution is set at 100%. The result is the same. When I log out, the header looks normal. When I log in, everything goes flooey. On three different browsers. And on all the different skins. I got the same results when I logged in from work (different computer, resolution, and IP). I would think that if it was a cache issue or a resolution issue, the forum would be FUBAR whether I was logged in or logged out.

Perhaps I should try another login..... I'll set up a fake user account, with your permission, and see if I get a different result. Let me know if that's breaking any rules.

This is not the end of the world since the rest of the forum functions normally, but if it's happening to me it might be happening to someone else.

admin

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
This is the weirdest thing.....

I have updated browsers (Chrome, IE and Firefox), I have cleared my cache, I have made sure my resolution is set at 100%. The result is the same. When I log out, the header looks normal. When I log in, everything goes flooey. On three different browsers. And on all the different skins. I got the same results when I logged in from work (different computer, resolution, and IP). I would think that if it was a cache issue or a resolution issue, the forum would be FUBAR whether I was logged in or logged out.

Perhaps I should try another login..... I'll set up a fake user account, with your permission, and see if I get a different result. Let me know if that's breaking any rules.

This is not the end of the world since the rest of the forum functions normally, but if it's happening to me it might be happening to someone else.

Yes, please go ahead with a second account to test it.

If you find the second account is fine but your main account continues to have issues, send me a PM and we'll go from there. Hopefully we can get o the bottom of it.

Sierraccr

Power User
Well, there ya go. I had gone through all the various skins except Metro Fluid. I decided to try the fluid version (instead of Forum Default) and it seems to have fixed the problem. Go figure.

Ah, well, my problem seems to be solved and I will leave it to you guys to do the head-scratching. :)

admin

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Well, there ya go. I had gone through all the various skins except Metro Fluid. I decided to try the fluid version (instead of Forum Default) and it seems to have fixed the problem. Go figure.

Ah, well, my problem seems to be solved and I will leave it to you guys to do the head-scratching. :)

Metro Fluid should be the default theme, unless you had another one set in your profile settings.

Good to hear it's working, but I'm still curious to know what was happening. So far, no one else has reported it.

If you change to Metro Fixed do you get that issue again?

Sierraccr

Power User
When I originally had the problem, my skin was set to "Forum Default" rather than anything specific. I'd never touched any of those settings, truth be told. I never had any reason to.

I just went back and changed to "Metro Fixed" and the header was FUBAR. Went back to Fluid... normalcy returned. (Or what passes for normal in this place :lol: )

admin

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
When I originally had the problem, my skin was set to "Forum Default" rather than anything specific. I'd never touched any of those settings, truth be told. I never had any reason to.

I just went back and changed to "Metro Fixed" and the header was FUBAR. Went back to Fluid... normalcy returned. (Or what passes for normal in this place :lol: )

Thanks for the info. Will investigate further.

hawkeye

Guru
Does anyone know if there will be a 'Dark' version of 'Metro Fixed'?
The current version is just too harsh on the eyes, and light blue text on a light grey background is difficult to read.

If there isn't, will 'PSG Dark' be fixed?

Regards.
MrTom.

I agree, on my 27" monitor the large expanse of white is really hard on the eyes.

iDad

Guru
Things are all screwed up on this end, new post, today's posts all go to forums main page and alignment is way off see attachmentScreen Shot 2014-07-13 at 11.19.52 AM.png I am also attaching to test the upload

iDad

Guru
I also agree the white is too much on a 27 inch monitor

iDad

Guru
Screen Shot 2014-07-13 at 11.27.19 AM.pngAlso I just noticed the Theme button needs labeling see attachment..... latest Apple operating system using Safari FYI:rolleyes:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
iPop, try setting your theme to fluid and see if that helps.