What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop Gurus New Look

iDad

Guru
Not sure if someone did it or just a fluke, It is fine now on dark

MrToM

Guru
I cant guarantee this will work for everyone but if you are having trouble refreshing/updating PSG to the style of your choice then this works for me:

1. In your settings choose the style you DO want......save your settings. (The page may not change or will change with errors)
2. From the front page style dropdown choose any other style than the one you currently have or the one in your settings.
3. Log out, and back in again. (You can clear your browser cache here too if you want, I found I didn't need to).
4. Via the front page style dropdown again now choose the same style as your settings, ie the one you DO want.

The page should now load the style correctly....and because you've set it in your settings, stay like it.

This isn't a PSG thing, more a browser thing, caching in databases that don't get cleared unless a complete new style is loaded.
During my panel development I discovered this 'quirk' whereby just clearing the cache and/or history or whatever just isn't enough.

If that doesn't work for you then please accept my apologies, but so far during the many site changes this process has worked every time for me.

More good news too......there IS now a PSG Dark 2.0 style! And its fabulous! Not 100% yet but I'm sure the guys are working on it....they've done a great job so far, many thanks.

Regards.
MrTom.

Tom Mann

Guru
I'm in full agreement that I also REALLY don't like the huge expanse of white (in Metro). At night, I can practically use my monitor as a room light when that is on the screen, and I have my monitor brightness turned down (via the Spectraview calibrator) to 150 cd/sq m for optimal matching to prints. An option to reduce it down to something like (220, 220, 220), and it would be much better.

In a similar vein, I find the dark gray of the "black" skin too dark for optimal viewing of images, reading text, etc.. If an option to have a somewhat brighter background was offered, I would probably use that the most.

T

MrToM

Guru
you can love and hate something trust me

Photoshop for instance!

I take it the "Thread automatically updated every 5 second(s)" doesn't update when a complete post is removed?
dv8_fx made reference to Mike's post, which isn't there now so I assume its deleted? Well, whatever, the page didn't update, because when I did it manually that post was gone and another from dv8_fx and 1 from Hoogle had replaced it.

I can though see that Tom Mann has just posted while I'm writing this, so that's working.....great stuff!

Regards.
MrTom

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Photoshop for instance!

I take it the "Thread automatically updated every 5 second(s)" doesn't update when a complete post is removed?
@dv8_fx made reference to Mike's post, which isn't there now so I assume its deleted? Well, whatever, the page didn't update, because when I did it manually that post was gone and another from @dv8_fx and 1 from @Hoogle had replaced it.

I can though see that @Tom Mann has just posted while I'm writing this, so that's working.....great stuff!

Regards.
MrTom

The 5 second update works.... guaranteed.

It's just that Mike deleted his post..... :cheesygrin: Guess I have to delete mine and Hoogle's as well.....

ZipedX

Power User
Wow, great change guys n gals! though the white was a bit hard on the eyes. Lucky for me others found a solution to my problem before it became one.

ibclare

Queen Bee
Wow, great change guys n gals! though the white was a bit hard on the eyes. Lucky for me others found a solution to my problem before it became one.

I'm not sure I understand the solution. I get the extreme expanse of white with Metro Fluid. If I go to Metro Fixed this is better but there are huge borders. Dark makes the print grey so there is no real contrast.

ZipedX

Power User
I'm not sure I understand the solution.

Sorry Clare I'm vague at best as always.

I just switched to dark and loved it straight away. I've had no problem with contrast, borders or the like. Only problem I had was the really blinding white.

I tried iExplorer, Firefox, Chrome and Opera and couldn't reproduce your problem, Something on your end?

admin

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
In a similar vein, I find the dark gray of the "black" skin too dark for optimal viewing of images, reading text, etc.. If an option to have a somewhat brighter background was offered, I would probably use that the most.T

Thanks for the feedback.

Can you provide a screenshot? I'm interested to know what 'gray' you mean. Do you mean the actual post text?

egosbar

Guru
im having problems getting the new posts button to work , basically i click it and it just goes straight to the forum headings

basically there is the old tool bar with new posts etc overlayed over the new page where it says photoshup gurus community forum

anyone else have the same problem? and how do i fix this

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hey ego, so far no one else has reported this as a problem. Can you post a screenshot of the "overlay"?

egosbar

Guru
you see the overlay of the new posts etc , none of them do anything

not very clear but you can see what i mean right over the top of the community forum text

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
egosbar What browser are you using? Does this happen in all of your browsers?

Hoogle

Guru
Forum Actions > General Settings > Forum Skin choose metro fluid or psg dark 2