What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

REQUEST: Collaboration for testing a new effect for substituting color in images

GSResearch

Other images to show that the tool can produce particular effects too...
(the version of the venice carnival with normal colors is the original)

GS

Attachments

• Ferrari_F430_Scuderia_after7.jpg
    Ferrari_F430_Scuderia_after7.jpg
    591.2 KB · Views: 2
  • venezia-carnevale1.jpg
    venezia-carnevale1.jpg
    873.9 KB · Views: 0
  • venezia-carnevale2.jpg
    venezia-carnevale2.jpg
    326.8 KB · Views: 0
  • venezia-carnevale3.jpg
    venezia-carnevale3.jpg
    383.3 KB · Views: 0

Tom Mann

Guru
In posts #11 and #12 in this thread, Admin and I asked the following questions.

"...Your algorithm sounds like it has a lot of potential. If the algorithm has been turned into an actual PS plugin, is there any sort of pre-release copy we could try / beta-test for you? Depending on its capabilities and how well it works, this is something that I might have use for..."

"...Impressive result GSResearch - from this image it looks like your tool has potential. Are you planning to share or distribute this as a plugin? I'm sure you could find some good beta testers here to provide feedback..."

Speaking for myself, I certainly am still interested in. Does your algorithm currently run under PS as a plugin with a UI, or did you develop it in a language like "C" or "Matlab", and it's still at that stage?

What's your thoughts for the future of your algorithm?

Tom

GSResearch

First of all, thanks a lot Mr. Tom Mann for your interest. Well, I made a standalone application with a simple UI for testing this effect on an image (C++ QT project) but obviously I'm going to make a plugin for Photoshop, I just downloaded the sdk! I think I can improve the algorithm further so I work in this direction too but as soon as the plugin will be ready I will be able to supply it to all those who will want to try it for beta-testing . Until it will be ready anyway I'll post new images, just to know your opinions.

Regards, GS