What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Here @PSG

Paul

Former Member
Just curious as to why our great members use this site, do you all find it informative, easy on the eye, not as stiff as some other sites out there maybe?

For me it as always been a place for fun and learning and showing off at times:thumbsup:

Great members make a great forum and for me this is a great forum because of our great members:cheesygrin:

What's your take on it please?

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
For me, PSG has been a place to learn, share, and belong.

I enjoy the company of the great and talented like minded people who make up this forum. I enjoy the variety of interests, taste, and techniques.

I really enjoy helping, it's what I do in real life and it's what I do here.

Sierraccr

Power User
When I first started experimenting with Photoshop I did it to enhance photographs. I fell in to a graphic type thing that was WAY over my head and made some dreadful mistakes but had a lot of fun experimenting. Once I had gone a certain distance I wanted to share it with others but the people I knew were either far, far beyond my level or simply not interested. So.... being an online type of person.... I went looking for a community. I found eight or ten forums centered around Photoshop and spent a little time at all of them. It didn't take long to figure out why PSG came up first on a Google search.

1. Diversity. People range in age from young teens to retired, both genders and all skill levels. That adds a vibrancy to the place that simply does not exist other places.
2. Inclusive Attitude. Trolls and a$$holes don't last long, but anyone who really wants to contribute questions or answers or both is welcome. No question is stupid and we are always willing to admire each other's work.
3. Community. The most off-putting thing about many of the forums I saw was that they were thinly veiled employment boards. People wanted paying work and the competition was intense. If you hung around there and showed a little skill you were deemed a threat and dogged relentlessly. An offer to do something simple for free was paramount to treason. That really wasn't what I had in mind.
4. Projects and small jobs. Having new and different things to try, new techniques to learn, and something to practice on was/is an excellent way to hone skills you have, and learn new ones. Helping people along the way doesn't hurt, either!

Well, I've yammered on long enough. I love this place and although I'm not as active as I once was due to job and life generally, I love the fact that it's still here and still the great place it always was. Viva PSG!!