What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Helping a grieving father

gedstar

Guru
Just signed up. Not sure if my lack of skills will be up to the mark but hopefully it will encourage me to learn more about photo restoration and help people along the way. :thumbsup:

ibclare

Queen Bee
These are beautiful and generous images made to comfort the dad. No doubt, the reality will soon mirror this altered reality.

Thanks for sharing Hawkeye.

Sierraccr

Power User
I volunteered some time ago, right after Katrina. It was so touching to do this kind of thing for people who had nothing left but some damaged photographs.

I need to get back into that....

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I will sign up as well. This is a a great cause. I wish I had known of this sooner. Thanks again Hawk and TomM.

Sierraccr

Power User
Coincidentally I just received in my email a solicitation for help from an organization called Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep. Honestly, I looked at the front page and just lost it - tears streaming down my face. I want to help these folks but as a parent I'm just not sure I can do it.

If anyone else can help and wants to here's the link. https://www.nowilaymedowntosleep.org/

Tom Mann

Guru
If it makes you feel any better, Sierra, for exactly the same reason as you, I couldn't bring myself to help out this organization, either. That's why I went with Operation Photo Rescue for their work restoring fire and flood damaged photos. I've shot a fair number of shots of deceased adults in my career, including some at the request of the families of the deceased, but I didn't think I could hold up for dead babies and their families.

Tom

adinelt

That was a very touching story. My heart went out to those parents.

I think it is pretty amazing at what people will do to help complete strangers. Keep up the great work everyone.