What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with my team logo.

bucika

Hello, let me introduce myself. My name is Darko, I'm from small country in Europe Montenegro. I have a passion for sports, mobile phone's and graphic design. I'm 21 years old and I'm studying telecommunications.

This year I'm planning to open my own gym for material arts (ju jitsu, judo, bjj, sambo, grappling, Judo and karate). I have black belt in judo and I'm grappling and sambo instructor.

I'm here because I want to design professional logo for my gym, something to be proud on and it represents me and my personality. I'm very bad at drawing, but I've found some designs from which I want to take some stuff. (Create it myself no direct copying).
I have general idea how I wish my logo to look like. As for now I'm not decided for the name, but that doesn't really play huge role yet.
I know I want my logo to be in circular form like this ones:

beta6amy.jpg

6a2ada5a.jpg

edaqyveq.jpg

basu4yhu.jpg

So I need some pointers how to make a circle like that. I think it looks very neat with border around it, what do you guys think?

As far as the inside of the circle go I'm thinking of leaving it blank for a logo on witch I'm not decided yet all I know is that I want to have that belt included

yne2umyb.jpg

Preferred all black with withe letters in Japanese name of the gym on it.. That belt will be in the bottom of the circle and it will be kinda sticking out.. Something like that but a little lover:

edaju6a5.jpg

Or something similar to that:

zaha2a9e.jpg

As far as font goes I'm pretty much undecided, I like fonts from all of the circle logos, if someone knows the names of the fonts I will be very grateful, if someone has some suggestions for the font I'm totally open to it also.

I want to learn how to do wrestling and judo and bjj mat, so maybe I can make that in logo also

gyhynume.jpg

pebuqage.jpg

ve5usazy.jpg

Then there is secondary thing, logo for myself for T-shirt for business cards to represent myself to sponsors and for my personal team, my fans and supporters.. I'm thinking of the same circular logo as those for my club and I really want to include geek glasses like this ones:

5a7e2eta.jpg

And a beard as I have a beard and glasses..

sy2use5e.jpg

I fund that one on the forum, I have similar beard:D

The font choice is still the same as for the gym logo..

That's all I have in my head for now.
I want to say I'm not requesting anyone to make something instead of me, because I want to say that I've made my logo myself and be proud on it for the years to come. Neither I have enough money to pay for your brilliant skills.
And I'm no pro in Photoshop I have it for about 5 years and everything I know I've learned myself I'm not a total noob, but comparing to you guys I'm pretty much exactly that. I know it will be hard but with help from you guys i think me/ with you guys can do it ! I will be really happy for any and all the help I can get!

Thank you very much guys.

Wops I've posted same image 2 times I've wanted to post that image

ana3u6as.jpg

Just saw I can edit my post I'm on mobile phone, so sorry for two posts.

BTW does anybody knows how hard is to make a logo like that one?

anu8y7e8.jpg

Just idea for my personal logo not the gorilla I'm more of a lion myself hehe;) I'm wondering how hard is to make that especially with the GI. Thanks guys.

Last edited:
Hi there....

First of all .... that's a whole lot of work in preparing tutorials that will guide you in the process....

If someone here is willing to help, you may have to be a bit patient for that someone to come up with something.

As I see that you are more interested in doing the actual design yourself, better start brushing up on whatever Photoshop knowledge you have coz you're in for a workout.....

I'm not imposing but we do have a freelance design service area..... https://www.photoshopgurus.com/forum/photoshop-freelance-work-fee-service-section/

If you would consider hiring someone to create your logo as well as your other design needs for a reasonable fee, here's THE GUIDELINES to the freelance section and an intro to our freelance designers - RULES FOR PSG FREELANCERS.

Thanks. I'll be sure to check this out as soon as I have enough money to afford it.
I have Photoshop cs6. I try to be always on the latest version to keep up. I have Adobe illustrator as well if that helps in any way..
And I know I'm in deep, that's the way I like it, I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty hehehe. I love challenges. ;)

And no problem, I'm a patient man. It would be awesome if someone could help me to get started with the design of a circle. :)

Hello guys I've decided to post my day to day progress. I've done this so far, I have a problem because the lines of the circle are not how would I say that they are not really "clean"

eda2etyz.jpg

Ignore the belt as I will make one myself as soon as I figure out how to.

Ok guys I do have the final logo in my head. I'm actually very close to make it happen. But I seriously need some help now.

If we take a look at that fantastic work, we can see it was a lot of work invested in that.
This logo the guy who is sitting on his knees its exactly what i want to have in the center of my logo.
Where is my problem? My problem lies when i try to trace the image it goes fine i get the trace of the guy fine. ( Im not copying it, i just need the same shape as the guy is). I need to have the both arms on the legs like his right arm is. Im struggling with that for more than 17h straight but i can't do it. If there is someone with better skill than mine please do help me.

Removed the PIC im sorry.

Last edited:
No. The base so the circle was created in Photoshop cs6. However, I'll do it again in illustrator. As i see it's better to make logos in illustrator.

As a suggestion - use a picture of you to trace the shape of your face and beard. Better still to use a full picture of you kneeling on a dojo mat with your arms in the position you like. I think this will do well as your personal logo. If you still prefer a lion, trace a picture of you in a martial arts pose and use a lion head.....

Back