What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

can't find effect parameters?!?

meroot

Help! I can't seem to find the effects parameters in cs6. I am missing something HUGE. I am applying a blur, preview window pops up - great, effect applies. Now I want to change thie parameter. HOw do I access the controls? It seems some effects will show up in the layer window, but not all. I want to save, copy and paste effects I've built but don't know where they are??? Am I missing a window or preference or something??
Many thanks

'Blur' is a destructive process so once applied it cannot be changed.

The best way to use it is to duplicate the layer, apply the blur to it, then use a mask and / or opacity to control it.
If you need to change it you just repeat the process using different values.
If you do change it however, make the NEW blur layer BEFORE deleting the old....that way you can 'Alt' drag any mask from the old to the new before losing it.

Any 'Adjustment' layers are non-destructive, meaning you can go back into their parameters and change values so as a rule of thumb if the process is not an 'Adjustment' layer its more likely to be a permanent change.

Regards.
MrTom.

Another way is to use Smart Objects and Smart filters.

Back