What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photo Retouching practice.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MikeMc gedstar, I have an email out to OPR about posting this (before & after) "Hopkins.jpg" image in our forum. I will let you (and Mike) know when I hear back from them. I still might have to delete the images! LOL!!

gedstar

Guru
Don't worry I won't cry as much this time round :)

@MikeMc @gedstar, I have an email out to OPR about posting this (before & after) "Hopkins.jpg" image in our forum. I will let you (and Mike) know when I hear back from them. I still might have to delete the images! LOL!!

MrToM

Guru
That's excellent!

It seems to be a running theme, I too applied to OPR and have just had my acceptance e-mail...I didn't know this sort of thing existed to be honest so thanks to everyone for pointing it out.

My 'test' image was.....guess what?
Yep!
The same one.
Here's what I did to it...

Restored_01.png

I guess I'll be seeing you all on the OPR forum too then eh?

(Yeah, I know, I can hear you all groaning now....oh no, not MrTom! :banghead:)

Have fun people.

Regards.
MrTom.

Last edited:

MikeMc

McGuru
@MikeMc @gedstar, I have an email out to OPR about posting this (before & after) "Hopkins.jpg" image in our forum. I will let you (and Mike) know when I hear back from them. I still might have to delete the images! LOL!!

No problem from here....OPR told me that they use this as a test photo. I thought mine was good...till I saw the other two. I will still stick to good for my efforts, BUT I learned so much more!

MrToM

Guru
I thought mine was good...till I saw the other two.

Nonsense!
I copied yours actually, I had trouble deciding on what levels and curves adjustment to do on it....I referred back to yours and well, copied it basically.

So thank you for your guidance!

Have you re-submitted to OPR yet?

Regards.
MrTom.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ok, I've heard back from OPR.

Pat Sluder said:
Thank you for your question Sam. Posting the registration restoration (Hopkins Test Photo or any other OPR test photo) in the OPR Before and After Gallery or any other non OPR gallery or forum is not permitted. OPR shelter restorations can be posted only on the OPR forum for help or suggestions. Finished OPR restorations can be posted only in the OPR before and after gallery once they pass the OPR quality control.

Due to the privacy agreement between OPR and the families for whom we restore photos only official OPR Quality Control personal have the right to post or give permission to post OPR photos anywhere other than the OPR website forum and OPR before and after galleries.

Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have further questions.

Best wishes,

Pat

I guess we have our answer guys.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MikeMc gedstar I need to talk to dv8 about this, but at the moment I will leave the images up. It will be your discretion to remove your own, thanks guys.

MikeMc

McGuru
Nonsense!
I copied yours actually, I had trouble deciding on what levels and curves adjustment to do on it....I referred back to yours and well, copied it basically.

So thank you for your guidance!

Have you re-submitted to OPR yet?

Regards.
MrTom.

Yep and approved