What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding Scale Bar to microscopic images in Photoshop CS, customizing measurement.

fungitobewith

Hi,

I am trying to measure microscopic spores and I want to be able to do this using Photoshop CS, am I able to do so? I can't seem to find anything equivalent to Analysis or set measurement, does this come under another tool in CS? I have taken a picture of the scale bar slide, have activated the measurement tool and drawn a line between measurement segments but can't find anyway of taking the measurement and customizing it for the particular measurement in this case. Could somebody help please?

Also, for this task, you should seriously consider the free image editing program, "Image J" developed particularly for microscopy by an NIH researcher, Wayne Rasband.

It has **many** more analytical / scientific features than PS. It also has a very large and helpful user community. Wayne must be getting close to retirement, but in the past he's been incredibly helpful.

HTH,

Tom

Back