What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help Creating This Image

littleman619

Trying to Re-create what is being shown in the picture.
Having A LOT of trouble with the piece on the right where it looks like it's 3 trangles but i'm not sure, i need help with it

Also don't know how i'd go about with the reflections on each piece. Much Appreciated if anyone can assist

Attachments

• 7b66365f27ec17276cdb86104d3e6808.png
    7b66365f27ec17276cdb86104d3e6808.png
    98.3 KB · Views: 18
Need Help creating the bottom right of this image and the reflections shown.
Having a lot of trouble. Don't know if it's shapes or i'm missing something. I'm not that new to photoshop but also not the best. Need Help!!

Attachments

• 7b66365f27ec17276cdb86104d3e6808.png
    7b66365f27ec17276cdb86104d3e6808.png
    98.3 KB · Views: 17
This effect is not terribly difficult.

First, create the shapes, each in its own layer. They are rather simple and can easily be created with a polygonal lasso.

Then color them to your liking - the base color (in this example it's red, but you can choose any saturated color)

Next take a soft black brush and paint the shadow in. Clip it to the shape and make sure the middle (darkest) part is right in the "fold", where the shadow would be deepest. Reduce the opacity to your liking.

Then take a smaller soft white brush and brush on a new layer along the opposite side of the shape to create the highlights. I find that it works best with the blend mode on "overlay" but you might just prefer to simply reduce the opacity. Clip that to the shape as well.

Finally, for the flares, take a hard white brush and on a new layer paint where you want them to be. Use a gaussian blur - and you'll need to blur quite a lot - to get the effect you want.

Good luck!

Back