What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fake or Real?

iDad

Guru
Just curious

fakeorreal.jpg

MrToM

Guru
I'd say it was real...

The sun is in the right place, low and behind the viewer.
Its wet so its been raining and probably still is...
...under those dark clouds acting as a good contrasting background.

Ideal conditions for a Rainbow, double or otherwise.

Regards.
MrTom.

The picture is low resolution and in the channels jpeg artifacts are visible. Nevertheless I can't detect any manipulation in the image.
In my opinion this image is real.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'm also guessing that it's real. However, since you have posed the question..........I'm a bit suspicious. :mrgreen:

nitea

I also think it's real ... shades are seem to be natural and the picture is a bit sloped to the left, so the horizontal and vertical lines are not exact straight, but there is always 1 % that could be opposite :)

iDad

Guru
They referenced reasons for believing it is real are very plausible:mrgreen:

Tom Mann

Guru
This is just a guess based of looking at it on my cell phone, but I am suspicious that it's not real. My reason is that the intensity of the colors is too uniform over the whole span of the arc. The brightness at any point along the arc of a rainbow depends on the number of water droplet particles in the right size range at that point in the sky. Other than the slight dimming at its highest point, It is rarely quite so uniform as this (although it certainly can happen).

So, I'm a bit suspicious.

Tom

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
Nooo..tell me that ain't so!:rofl:
My impression was that is a fake. Color doesn't look right and the rainbow (s) just look too perfect.

PS - but then again, I'm suspicious of everything. LOL.

iDad

Guru
Consider this a lesson in realism. What one sees as a possible fake, another sees as a possible reality.
Confucius say, "who cares! What's at the end of the rainbow":mrgreen:
Larry, perfection is natures true Colors:mrgreen:

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
Hummm...waxing philosophic today huh? :mrgreen: Upon further inspection, I now believe it to be genuine.

Consider this a lesson in realism. What one sees as a possible fake, another sees as a possible reality.
Confucius say, "who cares! What's at the end of the rainbow":mrgreen:
Larry, perfection is natures true Colors:mrgreen:

Last edited:

Paul

Former Member
Fake as a snakeskin belt from Taiwan:rofl:

iDad

Guru
Some of You guys are going to need to eat your words:mrgreen:

Tom Mann

Guru
But I've also heard that some of us won't have to. :rofl:

So, what's the story, big guy?

Tom M

iDad

Guru
A 19 year old captured this on his phone (in my neighborhood) I missed it by about three minutes.... (REAL)

Tom Mann

Guru
Wow! That's neat. Thanks for letting us know. The only time I've ever seen such a perfect rainbow (...and it wasn't as good as yours) was up in Iceland. The sun angle was very low, and it had just rained. Of course, I didn't have my camera with me, and this was before the days of cell phones.

Thanks, iDad.

Tom

PS - I keep forgetting, what part of the universe do you live in. Are u up north, so more likely to get a low sun angle, or somewhere else?