What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any good tutorial or what's best easiest way to create a brochure mockup with 3d mode

Danx

I want to create a mockup like thisBrochure-Printing-With-Perfect-Binding-1.jpg

I know the complicated, time wasting way, and with actions etc. , I'm way too lazy to do that.
and since I just upgraded to the extended version, I want to use the 3d mode.
I already googled, found none helpful. Please help. Thanks and please excuse my bad English.

SCTRWD

Power User
Re: Any good tutorial or what's best easiest way to create a brochure mockup with 3d

Take path tool and make a shape of the brochure's profile:

Profile.png
then use 3D->Repousse to make the brochure:

Journal.png

P.S. Create Extrusion material for brochure with proper sizes.

Also keep in mind that PS wraps the texture around ALL the surface of the object. Often though you're intrested only in some part of the surface. For example, in your case you might want only the the front side of the brochure to be seen by the viewer.

In this case I suggest you set the Properties for extrusion material(select extrusion material in the 3D panel, click the file icon for Diffuse and choose "Edit Properties..." from the list) so that the texture covers only the front side.

I usually temporarily add a bright red stroke to the texture and then tweak the Properties values using the stroke as giudes so that my texture covers only the part I want.

This lets you have less distortions of the texture and saves you from having giant texture files or scaling the important parts loosing valuable resolution:)

Danx

Re: Any good tutorial or what's best easiest way to create a brochure mockup with 3d

Take path tool and make a shape of the brochure's profile:

then use 3D->Repousse to make the brochure:

P.S. Create Extrusion material for brochure with proper sizes.

Also keep in mind that PS wraps the texture around ALL the surface of the object. Often though you're intrested only in some part of the surface. For example, in your case you might want only the the front side of the brochure to be seen by the viewer.

In this case I suggest you set the Properties for extrusion material(select extrusion material in the 3D panel, click the file icon for Diffuse and choose "Edit Properties..." from the list) so that the texture covers only the front side.

I usually temporarily add a bright red stroke to the texture and then tweak the Properties values using the stroke as giudes so that my texture covers only the part I want.

This lets you have less distortions of the texture and saves you from having giant texture files or scaling the important parts loosing valuable resolution:)

Thanks dude