What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need some directions on how to create this effect

biddler

Banned
bifold_brochure_by_ibrokemykeyboard-d327rva.jpg
Hi I'm quite a noob.
I would like to get some help creating this effect in photoshop.
1. The effect of having a gradient-like effect of the background. Is it made by creating a solid color and then using a large pixel soft brush to create the light effect?
2. The torchlight like effect of the images of the girl and the hands.
Thanks.

Hey Bidler,

For now I only have time to explain one of the two graphics. And this example needs some work, I'm doing it rather fast!

There are always other ways to do this. This is only one example.

Start with a white BG and add your lady to the lower corner. She will need to be on a white BG herself or you can try setting the layer mode to multiply to blend her to the white BG.

Screen Shot 2014-08-01 at 8.26.41 AM.png

On a new layer add in the laptop and position using the transform function.

Screen Shot 2014-08-01 at 8.27.03 AM.png

Add a layer mask and use a soft brush and the Brush Tool to soften the edges of the laptop image.

Screen Shot 2014-08-01 at 8.27.17 AM.png

Add a Solid Color fill adjustment layer (half moon icon located at the bottom of your layers panel) and set the color to your liking.

Screen Shot 2014-08-01 at 8.27.35 AM.png

Add a new layer, select your Gradient Tool with the foreground to transparent preset, set the tool to a linear gradient.
Set your foreground color to default by hitting the D key. (or you could customize the foreground color if you wish)
Pull a gradient from left to right. Lower the gradient layers opacity to your liking.

Screen Shot 2014-08-01 at 8.27.49 AM.png

Create a new layer. I used the Polygonal Lasso Tool but you could also use the Pen Tool to create the radial pattern.
Draw out your sections one be one and fill with the color of choice.
I then softened the edges by adding a slight Gaussian Blur.

Screen Shot 2014-08-01 at 8.28.04 AM.png

Create a new layer and with the Gradient Tool add a left to right linear gradient using the default or customized foreground colors.
Set the gradient layers opacity to your liking.

Screen Shot 2014-08-01 at 8.28.16 AM.png

And finally, create a new layer and with the Gradient Tool add a radial gradient to the lower right hand corner using white.
Adjust the gradient layers opacity to your liking.

Screen Shot 2014-08-01 at 8.28.29 AM.png

Here's a lighter version..

Screen Shot 2014-08-01 at 8.54.08 AM.png

And that's about it (really fast! LOL!) It's not exact to the original but you should have some idea of how to create your own! Good luck!

I will address the other graphic, if no one else does, later this evening.

Here's the layers panel...

Screen Shot 2014-08-01 at 8.28.44 AM.png

Last edited:

Back