What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

retouching - need help on grids on walls

joaonauman

HI there,

thank you for looking at my post.
well, I did a photoshoot for a hotel recently. Walls in rooms have grids and I think it would be nice to remove them.
sometimes it's easy, but most of the times these grids are surrounded by dif tones of lights and dif colors which makes this work extremely dif, at least for me.
I have someone that does this for me but this guy is gone and is not able to do the job so I am up for myself - good because this time I want to learn how to do it.

how would you fix this problem?
can camera raw help fixing it, with spot removal? I know he uses it because he always asks me the raw file...
thanks in advance for all the help
j

_MG_7313.jpg

joaonauman

thank you guys!
I am sorry i am getting back to you so late but some other things crossed my path. but now I am on this work again.
well, I somehow knew that clone and stamp will do it, but it's not straight away and that's where I was trying to find some help
over here.

as you can see from the image sent from IamSam, specially the big grid, you can see that there was a mark there,
and that's exactly where I have a problem.

how can I fix that?
thanks again for the all the help and your time!

MrToM

Guru
as you can see from the image sent from IamSam, specially the big grid, you can see that there was a mark there, and that's exactly where I have a problem.

I would say in IamSams defence that the image he supplied was more of an example of what could be done with the tools he suggested rather than a finished image.

Regards.
MrTom.

joaonauman

I know tom and I am sorry about being not specific, but it was actually a good example of how my pictures end when i use these tools for this specific situation. I don't know how to fix that color
situation.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks MrTom and your absolutely correct. I provided a simple screenshot after about 4 - 5 minutes of work. The intention was to show that it can be done with the TOOLS I listed, I did not take the time or effort to do a perfect job on my quick example but you should on yours.

The answer to your new question will still be the BRUSH TOOL. You simply sample the local color and brush it in. Set your BRUSH TOOL'S flow rate down to 1% and work slowly to even out the tone.

Again, this is only after about 1 more minutes worth of work. It would also help if I had the full size original image.

Screen Shot 2014-08-15 at 8.24.34 AM.png

MikeMc

McGuru
The answer to your new question will still be the BRUSH TOOL. You simply sample the local color and brush it in. Set your BRUSH TOOL'S flow rate down to 1% and work slowly to even out the tone.
Yeppers, set the flow way down and take a couple of minutes....

joaonauman

hi, i am back again.

first and most important, a huge THANK YOU for your help, you've been great.
second, my apologize for again coming back a bit late but I am in the middle of other projects.

and then, for the last, my first result after your help.
I am sending a bigger file so that you can have a proper look - are you able to download it by the way?

well, I am very happy with my first result. It's not amazing but it is much better than my previous attempts.
but I still need some guidance here, and that's why I am coming back to you.
As you can see on the left grid - or where it was at least, you can still see a bit of difference in tones, specially on the left side. I did some work on it
but then I faced the following problem: brush tool erases the lines. so I stop and thought of coming her and share my thoughts.

one of the other side, the one in the room hall is much better because there are no lines. what do you think?

all the comments will be much appreciate it and please be as critical as possible. i need to learn!

_MG_7313_2.jpg

joaonauman

there is one more things I forgot. and this goes to the grid in the room hall. As you can see there is a little grain there. but brush tool has any, at least as far I know. how can I solve this problem too?

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
OK, again, the answer to your newest question is the BRUSH TOOL.

Zoom in real close and paint the lines!

there is one more things I forgot. and this goes to the grid in the room hall. As you can see there is a little grain there. but brush tool has any, at least as far I know. how can I solve this problem too?
Don't know what you mean by this?

Use selections to isolate areas. Here, I used the POLYGONAL LASSO TOOL to isolate the ceiling, then the BRUSH TOOL to even out and blend the ceiling.

Screen Shot 2014-08-20 at 9.01.27 AM.png

Also, use the isolation technique to make repairs to this area.

Always work on a new layer so the original is not destroyed.

Screen Shot 2014-08-20 at 9.04.20 AM.png

MrToM

Guru
Sam,

Isn't that 'repair' in your second image just the actual misalignment of the mirrors of the wall ?

Of course you could 'repair' it if you wanted to but if that's how it actually is.....?

Regards.
MrTom.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MrT, the misalignment may have been part of the original image, I was referring to the color differences on the ceiling reflection.

You mentioned it in an earlier post.....

..and lighten the ceiling where the reduced bounced light made it slightly darker.

MrToM

Guru
Ah, well, yes, I knew that, I was, erm, just testing you to see if you were paying attention.....gulp.

I'll get me coat.

Sorry.

Regards.
MrTom.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
:rofl:

Sorry MrT, I'm having trouble communicating this am! I'm distracted multitasking and I need to focus on my commenting!