What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Solved] PS CC 2014 Load Files into Stack...

MrToM

Guru
Its probably me again but the 'Load Files into Stack...' script in PS CC 2014 doesn't seem to want to play.

[ With no document open and loading a list of 5 images ]
I get two documents created, one with just the last file in the list opened and the other with a blank layer, the same image as the other document and a vertical guideline way off to the left.

This works fine in PS CC but not in 2014.
(CS6 works ok too)

Can anyone just confirm if its me or if it really doesn't work in 2014.

Many thanks.

Regards.
MrTom.

MrToM

Guru
Further investigation reveals that some of the code used in a panel I have in development conflicts with code used by Adobe in PS.

I can only hold my head in utter disbelief.

Not only should this never be allowed to happen but since it does how is anyone supposed to know what code Adobe have used so that conflicts with it may be avoided?
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Nice one Adobe......you've really thought that one through....NOT!

I also believe this to be the cause for the other problem I had with file names when Splitting Channels.

Unbelievable.

Regards.
MrTom.

Last edited:

MrToM

Guru
UPDATE:

The cause:

My panel checked for when documents are opened or new documents were created.
Since the script 'load files into stack...' opens documents during its execution it was triggering the code I had in my panel for when documents are opened.

The code being executed in my script prevented the 'Load files into stack...' from executing correctly.

The code used by Adobe for listening for newly created documents or existing documents being opened is apparently buggy, and as far as PS CC is concerned just doesn't work at all.

Since removing this code the 'Load files into stack...' script works fine.

Regards.
MrTom.