What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The problem with size of the duplicated objects

sultanmimar

Hi everyone.I have prepared a sheet.When ı duplicate a picture to the sheet adjusting the picture's size 40cm width,the picture appears very very small(small than 40cm).I am adding pictures which explains my problem thank you very much...

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

MrToM

Guru
Hi sultanmimar,

The sizes shown in the 'Image size' dialog related to PRINTED sizes, not image sizes.

The image you are duplicating will be of a fixed PIXEL width....in this case 1361x117.
I don't know the size of the image you are duplicating to, but going by the MASSIVE 1.4GB filesize I'd say its dimensions are considerably larger.

Therefore the image WILL be considerably smaller than the document.

FYI digital images do not have linear measurement, only pixels and ideally you should only ever work in Pixels when editing....PS is a PIXEL based editor.

The 'Image Size' dialog is used to determine the Printed size IF the image is to be printed with the option to up or down scale if required.

Personally I don't see the point of having the Document Information display the MB files size, I find that 'Document Dimensions' is far more useful as it not only displays the document size in Pixels but also its resolution.

You'll find this at the very bottom left of the workspace.....you may want to click it and change what it displays to something more useful.

Regards.
MrTom.

Last edited:

sultanmimar

Thanks a lot for the answer.I need to adjust my pictures' to a precise number in metric units because they should have a scale.And then I transfer these images to another document to create a sheet.Is there a way to do this.I did this several times but I didn't have a problem like this until now.Before now all worked properly.I am not very familier with how the photoshop works as I am new.In addition, I am curious about what is FYI(Digital İmages).Thanks again

Last edited:

MrToM

Guru
First off, my reply may have been a little rushed and not quite as explanatory as it could have been, its always the way when you start to type something...the phone rings!

Sorry for that.

Anyway, just so we are both fully aware of what we are talking about can you please clarify a few things:

I need to adjust my pictures'...
When you say 'pictures' to what are you referring?

...to a precise number in metric units because they should have a scale.
Well, digital images don't have a scale.
A digital image is constructed from a grid of coloured pixels, (usual square in shape). They have no 'size', no dimensions, no 'linear' value.

A 'scale' needs a relationship with some other value, for example a 'map' has a 'scale' as its the relationship between the distance measured on the map in relation to the actual distance on the ground.

A digital image does not have this 'relationship' and as a consequence does not therefore have a 'scale'. If you really wanted to give it a scale then it would be 1:1 but as that's the only scale it could ever be it does make it rather redundant.

...And then I transfer these images to another document to create a sheet.
I don't know what you are calling a 'sheet'.
PS does not use this term so I'm unsure as to what a 'sheet' is.

Is there a way to do this.
I don't really understand, (because of the uncertainties above), exactly what you are trying to do....except place an image onto a layer in another document....which you've already done successfully.

Before now all worked properly.
What is it that doesn't work now?

I am not very familier with how the photoshop works as I am new.
No worries....its a complex piece of software but its bark is worse than its bite....honestly.

If you can just clear up those few points it'll make sure I'm understanding exactly what it is you want to do and exactly what PS isn't doing for you.

In addition, I am curious about what is FYI(Digital İmages).
FYI...For Your Information.

Also make sure you answer any questions too...I know I didn't directly ask you the document pixel dimensions but I was rather hoping you'd realise it could be crucial to answering the problem you have.....so....

What is the document size, (In Pixels), of the document you are copying that 1361x117px image into?

Regards.
MrTom.

sultanmimar

Thank you very much again for your answer.I am sorry that my sentences may not be well because my native language is not english.I try to do my best.I am adding some pictures which explains my problem.
111.jpg

222.jpg

333.jpg

MrToM

Guru
What are the document dimensions of PAFTA3.PSD in PIXELS?

dimensions_01.png

Post a screen shot of this when you have changed it....with PAFTA3.psd open and active.

Regards.
MrTom.

MrToM

Guru
What are the document dimensions of PAFTA3.PSD in PIXELS?

LOL...ok, maybe I wasn't clear enough when I said in PIXELS.

80cm @ 250 ppcm = 20000 PIXELS
120cm @ 250 ppcm = 30000 PIXELS

PAFTA3.psd = 20000 x 30000 px
ss1.bmp = 1361 x 117 px

1361 is a lot SMALLER than 20000

1361 is 6.8% of 20000
20000 is 14.7 times bigger than 1361

Does that help?

Regards.
MrTom.