What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trying to change this picture to 4x6 with portrait orientation.

John Walker

I want to print this picture onto photo paper. I wanted to print it in portrait orientation with 4x6 dimensions, but I have no idea how to do this without distorting the picture. Can anyone help me? I attached inline as well as an attachment. If anyone can help me, thank you!

stuff.jpg

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
I resized it for you. 4" x 5.389" I also lightened up your shadows to bring out some detail.
stuff.png

Tom Mann

Guru
One can also use the content-aware scaling tool in the vertical direction to increase the height sufficiently for the aspect ratio to be exactly 4x6 without causing too many problems.

I used content aware scaling to quickly add some length to their legs as well as increase the vertical dimension of the sound diffuser grill (the vertical slats L and R of their heads. While hardly any problems are caused by increasing the previous two heights, you don't want their heads to become elongated, so a bit of masking and filling in the background is necessary (...BTW, I pretty much ignored this aspect to save time for the little demo posted below...). If you like the overall look, people can walk you through the various ways to create a better background. particularly in the area of the vertical sound diffuser slats. This example is exactly 400 pixels by 600 pixels.

Tom M

PS - In contrast to Larry, I prefer a darker background so that the subjects stand out better, and made it that way so the OP can decide which he prefers.

Attachments

• stuff-tjm01-acr-ps03a-600px_hi-x-400px_wide-01_content_aware_scale.jpg
    stuff-tjm01-acr-ps03a-600px_hi-x-400px_wide-01_content_aware_scale.jpg
    210 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
Here's another full size with a border.
stuff2.png