What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please help with logo!

goreisking

Hi,

I have an image of a new logo I have created but the edges are tacky and blurred. So when I want to print this logo on a big poster the logo will look terrible.

Can anyone please smooth the edges and make it neat and tidy are remake the logo?

Thank You
View attachment 48506

Swade Flocked Logo.jpg

Tom Mann

Guru
Presumably, you created this either as a vector object in PS, or in Illustrator, so why don't you just re-output it at higher resolution (ie, larger pixel dimensions)?

You'll get much better results doing it that way, compared to trying to repair a flawed version, and it will take much less time.

Also, your attachment didn't work, so I don't know what you are attempting to post, but you should post the *.psd or *.ai file that you used to create the shapes, not just the end result, ie, a jpg or png.

Tom M

Tom Mann

Guru
I don't like working in a way (eg, "please smooth the edges") that I know will take longer and give poorer results if there is a better way available (ie, using the original PSD or AI file). If you want free help, please respond to the points in my previous post (made even clearer below):

1. Did you, yourself, create this?

2. If so, what program did you use?

3. Please post the file for the program you used to create this, NOT the jpg that you posted.

Tom

goreisking

1. The S was an image found on google and the five things around it are an outline of lancashire rose.
2. Adobe Photoshop
3. There is no need the JPG layer is the same as the photoshop layer.

Thanks

Tom Mann

Guru
Was the original image that you got from Google an ordinary photo of a rose that you converted into the B&W curves, or was it essentially what we see here? Please post the link to the original image.

Thanks,

Tom M

Tom Mann

Guru
OK. Now I understand why you don't have a vector to work with - you were stuck with the resolution of the bitmap image that you started with. Probably the easiest (and best) way to clean this up is to either re-draw it as a vector shape using the pen tool (in PS, which you can do), or import it into AI and use the image trace facility there. The "smoothing the edges" that you have been asking for is just not a good approach. It's unlikely to give results you'll be happy with.

I'll get back to you later today with a vector version (unless someone beats me to the punch), LOL.

Tom M