What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Creating artwork for cone shape cooler

ManishMan

hey guys i'm trying to create an artwork for a cone shape cooler with sizes (top: 1555.75mm , bottom: 1244.6mm, height: 368.3mm).

My problem is if I just drew a shape with the dimensions above and create my artwork with that shape would my artwork be distorted when it is placed on the cooler?

I'm really new in dealing with cone shaped labels, so I would be happy if someone could guide me through this process. I'm using photoshop cs5
Awaiting your response.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Post an example of what your referring to.

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Oiii.... this is a good one. Been a long time since I created a cone shaped design but that was done in Corel Draw with a script for it.

Unless someone here has a formula right now, it'll take a while to find that script and come up with a formula or at least a PS template for you.

@ALB68 ..... since you were in printing before, do you have a template? :cheesygrin: .... or at least the frustum formula for creating the template?

ManishMan

That is exactly what I though.. i done designs for latte cups already and the images gets distorted based on the template i use.. its really difficult.. but i need some quick help

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
If you don't mind, could you give me just the top and bottom diameter. Not the entire circumference.....

If done on a normal, rectangular template, the design will distort once shaped into a cone.

MrToM

Guru
What size (in px) template do you need dv8?

If those dimensions are correct I can do you one easily using Max.

Whatever dims you need I'll render a template for you.

Regards.
MrTom.

Last edited:

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator

Regards.
MrTom.

I'm unsure myself.... I was sleeping during my math classes .... :mrgreen:.

Here's what I came up with the Corel Script (Not to scale.... yet) ....

cone template.jpg

Until I realized I input the circumference specs rather than the diameters.... mannnn... that's wading pool size..... :rofl:.

ManishMan

If you don't mind, could you give me just the top and bottom diameter. Not the entire circumference.....

If done on a normal, rectangular template, the design will distort once shaped into a cone.

I mentioned the top and bottom diameter in my first post

MrToM

Guru
Here is a 2048x2048 template.

cone_template_350_01.png

cone_template_2048_01.png

If you need it any different just let me know.
(Its a PNG with Alpha channel so just throw a black layer under it:thumbsup:)

Regards.

Last edited:

ManishMan

Regards.
MrTom.

In pixels the top circumference would be: 5880px
the bottom circumference :4704px
and the height from top to bottom would be: 1392px

I would be happy if you use Inches instead of pixels

MrToM

Guru
Noooooo, no, no, no, noooooo........no. LOL

That question was for dv8, hence...

If he needs a template to help YOU, I need to know what size template he would like....which I've done already anyway and await his response.

I don't need any more measurements, you didn't state what those dims were but as dv8 worked out they had to be circumferences.

Regards.
MrTom.

MrToM

Guru
No worries.

Just out of curiosity how did you arrive at the conclusion that those px values equal the cone dims?

Seems a bit odd to me that you could do that.

Regards.
MrTom.

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Noooooo, no, no, no, noooooo........no. LOL

That question was for dv8, hence...

If he needs a template to help YOU, I need to know what size template he would like....which I've done already anyway and await his response.

I don't need any more measurements, you didn't state what those dims were but as dv8 worked out they had to be circumferences.

Regards.
MrTom.

Looks the same as I what I came up with after conversions. Thanks MrTom.

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
ManishMan...

Usually, I'd be doing this in another apps. But since this is for your Photoshop use, I had to convert it.

I hope this will suffice as a template for your use. It's at 150dpi and in inches (normal full size). The flaps you see on the right are bleeds for gluing (In case you need it)

Attachments

• CoolerTemplate.psd
    5.4 MB · Views: 4