What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Creating artwork for cone shape cooler

MrToM

Guru
Just a bit of fun...
IMG_6660_700_MT_01.png
It doesn't mean we're engaged or anything.

Regards.
MrTom.

Last edited:

ManishMan

ManishMan...

Usually, I'd be doing this in another apps. But since this is for your Photoshop use, I had to convert it.

I hope this will suffice as a template for your use. It's at 150dpi and in inches (normal full size). The flaps you see on the right are bleeds for gluing (In case you need it)

Thanks alot, now how do I go about creating my artwork since I have to use images? do I create it on a normal rectangle and then warp it to fit template? or what do I do?

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
If it's a composite of image elements, you can arrange it into the template taking into consideration the curvature as your guideline for text or object placement.

But for a full image that needs to be wrapped, you may need to use the distort/warp function to fit it into the template.

CC has a better WARP function than CS. But I haven't upgraded to CC.

ManishMan

Ok, Thanks for all your help.. was hoping there was some secret way for me to do without distorting. lol

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Ok, Thanks for all your help.. was hoping there was some secret way for me to do without distorting. lol

Which is why I dread frustum shaped projects most especially if it involves an entire image. There is an option - fit the image to the template and cropout outlying areas. Depending on the image, sometimes it works, most times it won't do the image justice.

I prefer using a full image on cylindrical objects.