What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

paint bucket pattern??

Kat Welch

How can you stop this from going into a tiled effect? I was wanting a picture to spread across the area but it always goes into tiled effect

MrToM

Guru
How can you stop this from going into a tiled effect?
I assume by 'this' you mean the pattern?
In a nutshell, you can't. That's how it works.
You could make the pattern big enough to fill the entire canvas but if you did that there wouldn't be any need to use the paint bucket....not with a pattern fill anyway.

I was wanting a picture to spread across the area but it always goes into tiled effect
You will have to be more specific about what you are trying to do.
'Spreading' and 'Picture' are not terms usually used in PS....unless you mean Smudging an image?

Without knowing your intention its impossible to suggest a worthwhile solution.
Can you post an example?

Regards.
MrTom.

Kat Welch

i have created a logo and i was wanting a picture to spread within the logo but behind the letters within it, Im new to photoshop so not sure what correct terms are :s

MrToM

Guru
In that case open the image first and place the 'letters' on top of it.

(That is of course assuming you are typing these 'letters' using the 'Type' tool.....??

Regards.
MrTom.

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
I think your wanting a clipping mask. Go here
http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/revealing-layers-clipping-masks.html
You can also just select the area you want the pattern in and then Edit/Fill/ choose Pattern from the dropdown. If you don't have the image as a pattern just draw a selection around the image, then Edit/ Define Pattern. When you open the pattern pallet it will be at the bottom.

Last edited: