What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Copying layer with blending mode result.

Saffa

I apply a screen blending mode to an object with another layer beneath. I want to copy the first layer with the result from the blending mode into a seperate document. When I copy I get the layer without the blending result.
Is there a way to do this without merging the layers and then selecting the part I need?

MrToM

Guru
Ctrl + A ... (Select ALL)
Edit > Copy Merged
File > New... > OK ... (No need to do anything when creating the new document, just hit OK.)
Ctrl V ... (Paste)

That should do it.

Regards.
MrTom.

Saffa

That will give me the same result as merging the layers. I just want the top layer with the new visual look.
Ex. Top layer is a solid black circle. Bottom layer is a marble texture. I use a screen blending mode on the top layer to get the look I want. Then I want to copy the circle with the new look without the marble texture beneath it.

MrToM

Guru
Well do that anyway and then add a layer mask to hide what you don't want.

Regards.
MrTom.

ZipedX

Power User
H Saffa.

Not to sure I understood what your after so sorry if you already tried this.

Bottom Layer = Marble Texture with normal blending mode and a layermask.
Top Layer = Black Circle, blending mode set to soft Light.

With all layers checked (little eye icon) select the Black Circle layer and press ctrl+shift+alt+e.

The above will result in the following.
BlackMarble.png

Now you can extract the merged top layer using whatever method you choose.