What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tie Fix - Desperate

jameswayne

I had a friend do a few portrait shots for me and while the pics turned out pretty good he didnt have the eye or attention to detail to point out the fact that my tie was out of place.
It reallys ruins the professionalism of the photo. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to attempt to fix it for me. About 30 have been ruined but would be incredible grateful if I could get just these right.

k5oZx2n.jpg

ZRxUluH.jpg

O9Gm9qH.jpg

jameswayne

Wow that is absolutely amazing! It is exactly what I was looking for! How difficult of a process was it? Could you possibly do the second?

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Do you have a larger version of the second?

I made 2 duplicates if the original. I isolated the tie via a layer mask and BRUSH TOOL on the second duplicate, refined the mask and then applied it.
I then used the CLONE TOOL to remove the tie from the first duplicate.

I used the MOVE TOOL to move the tie into place. I used the transform function to rotate the tie. I extended it with the CLONE TOOL. I also had to use a new layer mask to make it fit.
The rest was clean up.

jameswayne

Do you have a larger version of the second?

I made 2 duplicates if the original. I isolated the tie via a layer mask and BRUSH TOOL on the second duplicate, refined the mask and then applied it.
I then used the CLONE TOOL to remove the tie from the first duplicate.

I used the MOVE TOOL to move the tie into place. I used the transform function to rotate the tie. I extended it with the CLONE TOOL. I also had to use a new layer mask to make it fit.
The rest was clean up.

yes I do, i realised I should have have uploaded the original. Is there a way to keep the original Photo size after the editing? Sorry if this is a noob question, I am currently downloading photoshop myself and learning about it.

M1fCyyB.jpg

Last edited:

jameswayne

Here are the links to the full size images.

This is the first one: http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/70f8/eir6dmm3sxqd98kfg.jpg

This is the second one: http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/dea1/5p58ocm1xfc8m84fg.jpg

Wow I cant believe this, I thought for sure the pictures were going to waste. I almost shed a tear since these pics were from my mother birthday this friday. Cant say thank you enough, unbelievable. I appreciate the time and effort you spent fixing this for me.