What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please help with editing a background

Rumf

Hello all,

An intermediate Photoshop user here... Please see the attached image.

How can I make the yellowish background more equal in color? I mean, how can I make it fairly the same color, get rid of the brighter and darker portions? Tried everything I know, no real success. Cannot use the clone stamp tool, there are also graphics (the little stars), will take ages if even possible.

How would you do it? Is there some kind of magic button? ;)

I have also attached the psd file... (diffrent image, not the one shown below, same problem)

1.jpg

Attachments

• 1.psd
    9 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Tom Mann

Guru
About a month ago, there was a thread that involved a very similar request. As I recall, it involved evening out the colors on a piece of fabric for a product shot instead of a paper bag, and some very good methods were discussed.

I'm pretty sure that "Chrisdesign" and "IamSam" were involved in that discussion. Unfortunately, I don't have enough time at the moment to hunt it down for you, but if you can't find it yourself, hopefully one of those guys will jump in and point you to it.

Tom M

Rumf

Hello and thank you both for your answers!

IamSam, followed your tutorial exactly, but when I adjust curves, they get adjusted for the whole layer, not just the selected parts... (the areas covered with the brush)... Any ideeas what am I doing wrong?

MikeMc

McGuru
Hello and thank you both for your answers!

IamSam, followed your tutorial exactly, but when I adjust curves, they get adjusted for the whole layer, not just the selected parts... (the areas covered with the brush)... Any ideeas what am I doing wrong?

I make a masked layer with the selection, then your adjustment will work on just that part.