What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

increasing image height

gautamz07

Power User
Hey guys i am using the below image for a CSS background , but its short , so can i increase the height , by doing some simple photoshop tricks ?

i would probably have to repeat the pattern marked in green . but how do i do it ?

2RK0uLB1.jpg

The original image is here .

2RK0uLB.jpg

Note that what i really wanna do is just increase the height of the picture . :)

Thanks .

Gautam.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Here's one way.

Use your CROP TOOL to extend the canvas.

Screen Shot 2014-09-05 at 7.56.24 AM.png

Use your RECTANGULAR MARQUIS TOOL to make a selection located near the bottom, duplicate the selection 5 times (or more).

Screen Shot 2014-09-05 at 7.56.57 AM.png

Use your MOVE TOOL to move the duplicates.
Merge the layers.

Screen Shot 2014-09-05 at 7.57.13 AM.png

On a new layer USE your BRUSH TOOL, CLONE STAMP TOOL, and SMUDGE TOOL, to blend the duplicates.

Screen Shot 2014-09-05 at 7.57.57 AM.png

Use shift + option/alt + command/control + E to merge all visible layers to new layer (stamp)
Duplicate the new layer.
Apply a Gaussian blur to the first duplicate.
Apply a layer mask to the second duplicate, use the GRADIENT TOOL to blur the bottom of the image.

Please note: This was done very fast. Take your time to do it better.
Screen Shot 2014-09-05 at 8.08.58 AM.png