What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Old skool illustration

Jamous

Hey guys, another question to put out there.

Been in graphic design for a couple of years but never had that much of an educated background in the field so I often have questions concerning techniques / methods.

I was wondering if you guys could give me a bit of an idea as to how this sort of image would be replicated / produced in the first place.

I assume the artist worked from photographs to create the illustrations. Would these have more likely been hand drawn on paper and scanned in or done using an illustration tablet - or is it just too hard / impossible to say?

I have some illustrator experience but not as much as photoshop, always wondered about methods employed to create this sort of result.

Thanks in advance,

J

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-09-19 at 13.12.49.png
    Screen Shot 2014-09-19 at 13.12.49.png
    191.9 KB · Views: 23

MikeMc

McGuru
MANY different ways to get there You can just plain draw it , You can Draw from an image, You can convert an image to a line type drawing, then color it, you can use a drawing program to "paint" into an image