What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Img Editing Request (Fixing BG)

f6e9a

Hey,

So my friends and I are doing a project for our history class, in which we will give a speech and run a green screen news telecast video. One of the the actors in our videos is going to play the president and give a speech. I basically need a background to put behind him. I was wanting something similar to the picture below. My main two questions are how would I remove the president, and scale the picture without loosing quality? It does not have to be this exact picture but just something similar onto which I can place our video onto using after effects and green screening. Any tutorials would be apprciated too, as I am willing to learn, but if it is easier for someone to quickly do the shop that would be fine too.

thanks,
David

gLIGIKu.png

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
Well not exactly quickly and maybe not perfect, but here's what I got.
gLIGIKu copy.png

f6e9a

Actually that's great man!!! :D Ur fantastic! If I needed to scale this image bigger how would I do it without losing quality? I have the adobe suite and stuff so if there is a tutorial I can follow it.

Last edited:

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
I appreciate the kind words. However, I am sorry to report to you that your image is only 610 x 347 pixels at 96 ppi. Your quality will suffer upon enlargement. Photoshop's algorithm for upsampling is not too bad and if you have Photoshop you can use it to enlarge it as much as you dare. Since it's for your own use, you can be the judge of that. Good luck!

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
The podium size is OK except that it's a bit high and the microphone is too small.

Lower the podium, retain the mike size of the original and raise it to just below window level. When you edit yourselves in, try as much as possible to match Obama's position in the original.

Using what you've created, perspective will look off....

f6e9a

I resized the image to 1024 x 583, I shall pull it in to after effects later. I lowered the podium, but im having trouble selecting the mics from the original pic. I have tried the magic wand, pen tool, and quick selection, but it doesn't look right. Any suggestions? fixed ratio.png

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
The podium height is OK. Your uploads are pixelated but the original you have may be better...

Use various sized hard brush to create the selection in mask mode. Press SHIFT to create straight brush strokes.

Create a duplicate of the image and use brightness/contrast to bring out the detail of mike so you can see the edges clearly. When the mask selection is done to your liking, exit mask mode, INVERSE the selection, hide the layer copy and select the original layer and duplicate selection to new layer. Use REMOVE MATTE or DEFRINGE to fine tune it.

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
That'll also work Sam. Or the OP could simply do a search for a large and clear similar microphone and drag in a selection copy into the work image.

Here's a rough, quick try using mask mode. I used the burn tool to edit the pink hue on the mike edges......

MaskWorkSample.gif

ooops, huge.... you gotta click it to view the animation gif.

f6e9a

ok, so I did it.

How does it look? I don't think the pixelation is that bad? What say?

fixed ratio.png