What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with lightstreak over face please!

Adam Good

Hello Photoshop masters, having a bit of trouble fixing this picture and its driving us nuts.

The light streak over the face, I would assume the rest of the streak wont be a big deal but if you feel like it you can give tips on that too!
THANKS! :D

Attachments

• Lightstreak.JPG
    Lightstreak.JPG
    271.9 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hi Adam and welcome.

Removing lens flare can be a chore and there are many acceptable techniques.

I like to make a feathered selection of the affected area using the Elliptical Marquee Tool.
I then copy the selected area to it's own layer using Command/Control + J.
I then clip a Hue & Sat adjustment layer to the new layer, isolate the offending color (in this case green) and adjust it as far out as possible.

Then it's a matter of creating a new layer and using the Clone Stamp and Brush Tool to clean it up.

I did this kinda fast and it could still use some work.

Screen Shot 2014-09-21 at 6.16.20 PM.png

Last edited:

MrToM

Guru
WOW!

Just shows how good you really are Sam....answering questions that haven't even been posted!

I don't know how you do it for the money.....really, I don't. :bowdown:

Regards.
MrTom.

ZipedX

Power User
WOW!
Just shows how good you really are Sam....answering questions that haven't even been posted!

I actually looked in on this thread yesterday and was thinking of giving it a go, but when I went back all I could find was a post from Zeealex.

So maybe some moderator magic have been flung this threads way. :rolleyes:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'm not sure what happened with this thread, it was up and running yesterday without any apparent problems. Today I find it moderated.........not sure what's going on. I'll keep my eye on it.

ZipedX

Power User
I see this problem all the time whren using tapatalk. Always thought it was just that app.

What I see using tapatalk right now is the following.

[EDIT]

Now the thread seems okay from my pc too.

Screenshot_2014-09-22-17-06-07.png
Screenshot_2014-09-22-17-06-18.png

Last edited:

MrToM

Guru
I was online as the original post came in, I clicked it and halfway through reading it the auto-refresh kicked in and the post vanished.
It then came back but totally different wording and without an image.
Then it vanished again.

The next thing I saw was Sams reply to what could have been the original post but having only read half of it I wasn't sure which of the original posts he was answering.

The original post never materialised in the several hours I was still online.

Now its back again, which 'looks' like the very first original post but I couldn't say for sure.

I blame either Adobe or Microsoft....between them they seem to have 'Screw ups' down to a fine art. :rofl:

Regards.
MrTom.

PS...I also got the post from Zeealex...aparantly she's got the PSD's and she's ready when we are.

Last edited:

Adam Good

Good to know I wasn't the only one experiencing this problem, thank you for all the replies I'll give it another try ^_^