What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fine Jewelry Editing

flip626

44.jpg30.jpg3STONE_RESHOOT_LARGE.jpgSo I'm trying to edit the images to look like these. I don't care to much for the graphics I just need learn what to do and how to do the editing. I'm trying to figure out how they paint the metal and how to make it look smooth around the edges as well as make the stones look smooth and sharp. The jewelry I've shot does come out sharp and clear cause I am using a Nikon D800 with a 105mm micro lens. What are the steps that I need to take in order to acheive this kind of look on the Jewelry. I'd really appreciate any feed back or help. It doesn't have to look like these images 100% but if I can even come close to having them look like this in fine detail will make my company happy and not fire me lol. Please please please help me. I've watch a whole bunch of videos on youtube about fine jewelry editing but it never seems to come out like this.

Last edited:

flip626

30.jpgI don't care to much for the graphics. My only concern is to know how this imaged was cleaned up cause no diamond is ever perfect and almost a lot of them have a lot of infractions inside them. The questions is how did they get it to look so sharp and smooth?

flip626

26.jpgThey know how to make the diamond facet pop out a lot more. I only know basics of Photoshop but I'd like to accomplish the looks like these.