What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help identifying/recreating an "effect"?

terrylee

Hello! First time poster here, looking for some help! Hope everyone's doing well!

I was just going through some movie posters, and I was curious as to what the label for this "effect" or filter (again, not sure), would be:
Rosemarys-Baby-1968-Movie-Poster.jpg

What I'm talking about is Mia Farrow/Rosemary's face, along with the green hue accompanying it. How would one go about recreating something like this? Some opacity editing for the face? What about the green? Heck, even the noise/graininess. This is just something I'd like to learn how to do.

Would love any help you guys could give me! Thanks :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Raptor.exe

From what I'm seeing, the way I personally would do it is:
- Gradient light green to darker green background
- Lower the opacity on the face
- Add a texture overlay
- Then add vignette

I'm sure there are other ways of doing this, this is just what I'm getting from looking at the picture. I hope it helped :)

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
As with most inquiries about a technique, I usually try to see if I can recreate it or at least come close.

This was a way more involved than I had expected it to be. It was 11 layers, many with masks, and multiple techniques.

As for labeling the effect, not sure that I can since so many were used.

The Primary Tools I used were:
The Brush Tool
The Gradient Tool
The Elliptical Marquee Tool

I used a Solid Color Fill adjustment layer for coloration. I had to play with the blending modes to find the right one. I also used the Noise and Gaussian blur filters. Almost all layers required an opacity change.

Screen Shot 2014-10-08 at 4.34.25 PM.png