What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Creating an Alien Team

axxo

Hello everyone! i've made this art a while ago and my hope is to get some hints of what i could have done better..., this was done in PS5, and Sculptris

mass_effect_4_by_bbb4445-d6tm6kv.jpg

both gurus and newbies alike - all comments are welcome, there is still much to learn from everyone!

ZipedX

Power User
Nice work axxo glad you chose to share it.

I'm no guru and I'm on my phone , but since it's a free for all...
I would say that my eye first focuses on the highlight of the armor in the center and then it goes straight out of the picture to the right . Highlight , ironman powercore, oversaturated heads and out we go.
So I would suggest trying to balance the picture a little more.

axxo

Nice work axxo glad you chose to share it.

I'm no guru and I'm on my phone , but since it's a free for all...
I would say that my eye first focuses on the highlight of the armor in the center and then it goes straight out of the picture to the right . Highlight , ironman powercore, oversaturated heads and out we go.
So I would suggest trying to balance the picture a little more.

aaa thanks i see that your saying very true! will do next time

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I really like this image just as it is! Great attention to the suit details!

But if I had to offer any advice it would be to be a little more creative with the background, it's a bit bland and light, needs to be a bit darker. It's almost as if you spent so much time on the main subjects that you just did not work out the background.

I like the way the atmo is interacting with the subjects in the midground, but it seems a bit monotone and washed out. Reminds me of smog..........which is great if that's what you were going for! LOL!

The characters are a bit cartoony, but I like them that way! You could invest a bit more time adding details to the faces to make them appear a bit more realistic ........but as I said, they're fine the way they are.

Last thing is, for future images, all but one of the heads are similarly shaped. My eye is heavily drawn to the hamerheaded character. He would have been better as the front man.

Great work!

axxo

I really like this image just as it is! Great attention to the suit details!

But if I had to offer any advice it would be to be a little more creative with the background, it's a bit bland and light, needs to be a bit darker. It's almost as if you spent so much time on the main subjects that you just did not work out the background.

I like the way the atmo is interacting with the subjects in the midground, but it seems a bit monotone and washed out. Reminds me of smog..........which is great if that's what you were going for! LOL!

The characters are a bit cartoony, but I like them that way! You could invest a bit more time adding details to the faces to make them appear a bit more realistic ........but as I said, they're fine the way they are.

Last thing is, for future images, all but one of the heads are similarly shaped. My eye is heavily drawn to the hamerheaded character. He would have been better as the front man.

Great work!

you are very right about the background... :) i simply get tired by the time im done with the "main subject of an art piece"- i should just take a little break and then do the background but i get so exited to post it up/ share with people that i just "cheat" you might say :p

this was another one, both of these were published and then taken down off of a major gaming new sight as "alpha" leaks of mass effect 4 - which was funny to me
mass_effect_prequel_by_bbb4445-d6tt4jx.jpg

this was my first time working in sculptris- i really want to learn how to map and texture a 3d object- in this case a "character" but i fail to do so ... blender learning curve is too much, so im forced to "cheat" and texture 2d pics taken from a 3d model,

x_by_bbb4445-d6tpeyt.jpg

axxo

i have also been able to "fake 3d" with PS but there is nothing like visualizing a 3d model and texturing that... one day i guess ill learn :)

some more of my works

junra_vasari_by_bbb4445-d6icley.jpg

more "advanced work"

the_arrival_by_bbb4445-d6i6p13.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

axxo

and for people that are just beginning with PS

this one was just me messing with different colors and blur options its really fun to explore PS some times you really surprise your self by the outcome.

jupiter_by_bbb4445-d5tw2lv.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
i have also been able to "fake 3d" with PS but there is nothing like visualizing a 3d model and texturing that... one day i guess ill learn :)

some more of my works

junra_vasari_by_bbb4445-d6icley.jpg

more "advanced work"

the_arrival_by_bbb4445-d6i6p13.jpg

If you're into 3d modelling and interested to try UV Mapping .... look into this.... http://www.uvmapper.com/

There's a more advanced version but I lost the link... maybe later.....